Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

So I don't know if this exists, but I assume it would do, I'm looking for a portable wireless speaker that you can attach a transmitter to the back of an amp as in part of a stereo stack not for a guitar amp, or a gizmo that could convert the sound to be picked up through the wireless.

Basically instead of buying a separate portable sound system, which would be CD only these days, I want to be able to listen to my vinyl/tapes/cds/radio/MP3s which I can do through my stack, but listen to them anywhere. When I search I only seem to come up with wireless speakers for mobiles, anyone seen or heard of anything like this? Do they exist?

They must do. I used to have wireless headphones which is the same principle. The only problem is that being wireless there is a certain level of interference. I'm not sure if the technology has improved since, but you'd have thought so at a price.

What constitutes a plague ? 

I mean the sort of plague like millions of locusts etc , not the black death or anything.

There's flippin millions of daddy longs legs in my house and as fast as I get rid of them they're back again fluttering aimlessly around and generally being damned annoying.

Is this classed as a plague or do they have to be really destructive or dangerous ?

What constitutes a plague ? 
I mean the sort of plague like millions of locusts etc , not the black death or anything.

There's flippin millions of daddy longs legs in my house and as fast as I get rid of them they're back again fluttering aimlessly around and generally being damned annoying.

Is this classed as a plague or do they have to be really destructive or dangerous ?

I was painting an outside last week and they were everywhere. The thick bastards don't even move when the brush gets near them. :dry:

I was painting an outside last week and they were everywhere. The thick bastards don't even move when the brush gets near them. :dry:

They're so effeminate when they fly about too.They're legs just flail about like they are like big pansy types .

no offence to gays like :)  

I dont know whether this is true or not, but someone told me that daddy long legs are venomous but they have no way of getting the poison out of them and into the thing they want to kill

I thought it was that they have a deadly venom, but can't break human skin with their "teeth" so are unable to inject it in us, but if they could it would kill us...

I'll ask the internet:

http://spiders.ucr.edu/daddylonglegs.html

Looks like it's bollocks caused by confusion.

A daddy long legs stick it's point in me once. Shat my pants.

Felt something, looked round and there was this daddy long legs sticking out of my shoulder/bicep area. It must have reversed in or something as it had a dart like appendage on it's back end and it was trying to fly out forwards but was embedded.

Tried to take a belt back to Superdry and the guy was like "sozz mate we dont do refunds".

Being pretty non confrontational I agreed but if I can actually get a refund i will go back down tomorrow.

If it's faulty yes, if you've just changed your mind I don't think so.

PS I'm merging this with the questions thread.

Edited by Webbo

A daddy long legs stick it's point in me once. Shat my pants.

Felt something, looked round and there was this daddy long legs sticking out of my shoulder/bicep area. It must have reversed in or something as it had a dart like appendage on it's back end and it was trying to fly out forwards but was embedded.

and you survived? I'm no scientist,  but I'm pretty sure that means your going to be become a super hero now

and you survived? I'm no scientist,  but I'm pretty sure that means your going to be become a super hero now

Well you should be.

Tbh I always have wanted to be a superhero sidekick. When Hey Zeus returns I shall volunteer to be his sidekick and ask him to grant me a sword of flames so I can help him level the evil ones (Dawkins, LargeAl etc.). And on that day, as he descends on a cloud of glitter I will laugh like a nutter, lean back and shout, "HAAAAAA ASSHOLES, HE RETURNS.....I KNEW IT.......I F*&KING KNEW IT.........GO TO HELL".

Edited by BoneDog
  • Like 1

I was watching George and Mildred earlier and an actress called Sheila Fearn appears in it . 

She was quite a MILF from the 70's so I googled to see what she's up to now.

Well it seems she's a Leicester girl  , but no one seems to know where she is or what she's doing now.

Does anyone know or remember Sheila Fearn or her family? I remember a family of Fearn's in Thurmaston area , but I don't think they are related  to her. 

sheilafearn.jpg

She played Terry's sister in the Likely Lads too .

I was watching George and Mildred earlier and an actress called Sheila Fearn appears in it . 
She was quite a MILF from the 70's so I googled to see what she's up to now.

Well it seems she's a Leicester girl  , but no one seems to know where she is or what she's doing now.
Does anyone know or remember Sheila Fearn or her family? I remember a family of Fearn's in Thurmaston area , but I don't think they are related  to her. 

She played Terry's sister in the Likely Lads too .

No Sheila Fearn registered in Leicester between 1939 and 1941, must be a stage name.

Edit nix that they have her as born Leicester, Lincolnshire

Born last quarter 1940, mother's name is Ross

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1

No Sheila Fearn registered in Leicester between 1939 and 1941, must be a stage name.

Edit nix that they have her as born Leicester, Lincolnshire

Born last quarter 1940, mother's name is Ross

Cheers Smudge , :thumbup: Are you a fookin FBI  detective or summat ? :D  ,

I suppose it could be a stage name, or maybe she was born in Lincs , but it seems odd a relatively  well known local actress just disappeared off the radar and ( as yet) no one seems to remember her family locally .

There's quite a few sites / forums etc,  (if googled ), draw a blank as to her whereabouts or what happened to her post 1990 ish

I'm not obsessed about tracing  her or anything , i just thought that more people in Leicester  would have known about her whereabouts and background. 

Does anybody still use play.com?

I used to order quite a lot of stuff from it but haven't used it in absolutely ages. It seems to have gone shit and expensive, pretty much since the Japanese took it over.

Used it a few times recently, generally seems to be a reselling site for individual businesses nowadays, had no problems, except when my box set of Sherlock didn't turn up but got a refund easily enough.

Used it a few times recently, generally seems to be a reselling site for individual businesses nowadays, had no problems, except when my box set of Sherlock didn't turn up but got a refund easily enough.

Was this case of a  mysterious disappearance ever solved?