Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Cheers Smudge , :thumbup: Are you a fookin FBI  detective or summat ? :D  ,

I suppose it could be a stage name, or maybe she was born in Lincs , but it seems odd a relatively  well known local actress just disappeared off the radar and ( as yet) no one seems to remember her family locally .

There's quite a few sites / forums etc,  (if googled ), draw a blank as to her whereabouts or what happened to her post 1990 ish

I'm not obsessed about tracing  her or anything , i just thought that more people in Leicester  would have known about her whereabouts and background. 

Yes that's me I'm a G man, I'm always looking for the spot.

I thought I'd see if I could find out any more than you did for no other reason than it was a challenge. I searched the births in Ancestry,co.uk but I entered Leicestershire and came up with nothing hence my post. After that I tried another approach and up she popped hence the edit. The transcribers often make mistakes like that, so it wasn't a stage name.

I found this

SheilaFearnTVTimes1_zps83d9a31b.jpg

• Like 1

Yes that's me I'm a G man, I'm always looking for the spot.

I thought I'd see if I could find out any more than you did for no other reason than it was a challenge. I searched the births in Ancestry,co.uk but I entered Leicestershire and came up with nothing hence my post. After that I tried another approach and up she popped hence the edit. The transcribers often make mistakes like that, so it wasn't a stage name.

I found this

SheilaFearnTVTimes1_zps83d9a31b.jpg

good find  :thumbup:

it says she was 35 and living in Hampstead when  that article was published , so that's about 35 years old . She seemed to just fade into complete obscurity a few years after that.

Maybe that's what she wanted . 

Edit;

Are you getting into your own  ancestry big time ?any interesting snippets you'd care to disclose ?

Edited by Zingari

good find  :thumbup:

it says she was 35 when and living in Hampstead  that article was published , so that's about 35 years old . She seemed to just fade into complete obscurity a few years after that.

Maybe that's what she wanted . 

According to a book about the Likely Lads it was thought that she moved to America with a new partner

How much would you expect to pay to have a web designer knock up a smart website for a small business? Just a standard site with a homepage, about us, approx six or seven pages describing service offerings, then a contact us. Or is it easy enough to do yourself?

Easy enough to do yourself.

If not, I'm not sure on figures, but you can get someone to do the design and set up and not worry about that aspect, you would pay a one off and possibly a regular monthly fee also if they are looking after hosting/any other services etc.

You would then have access to a content management system to change the content if required, but only limited 'style' changes.

My recommendation would be to do it yourself, or find a mate to do you a favour.

How much would you expect to pay to have a web designer knock up a smart website for a small business? Just a standard site with a homepage, about us, approx six or seven pages describing service offerings, then a contact us. Or is it easy enough to do yourself?

HTML is pretty easy to pick up. If you've got the time you could easily knock something simple up (if you can pick up a bit of CSS too you're laughing). There's the option in Photoshop to basically layout your page as you want it, it'll slice it up for you and save it in the appropriate format.

If you've got half a brain it really is worth doing it yourself (I obviously shouldn't say that given my profession) not just for the fact you'll save money farming it out but you'll then have the skills to maintain it and improve it as and when you need to.

If you're in a hurry you may want to consider something like Squarespace, which is basic drag and drop. http://www.squarespace.com/tour/businesses

Depends what level the web designer is. You could go to a premium design / marketing agency and pay a few grand or you can pay some semi-pro £50 to knock up something mediocre. 

You could also get those templated small business websites that aren't horrendous and cost peanuts. 

Thanks both. Looks like doing it myself is the best option.

If you do  it yourself it's probably going to look shit. Nothing worse than a shit website.

Ask a web design student? Pay a small sum and they get to whack it on their portfolio.

I learned and made my own web page but it's very time consuming to learn and then keep up. Dreamweaver is also expensive to buy but worth it.

Go Daddy has a web builder service/tools which you might check out.

I enjoyed the challenge but it certainly isn't for anyone who is short on time or patience