Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Going up to Leeds in 2 weeks time. My mate at Leeds Uni has invited a couple of us to go up there for the apparently well-known & renowned Otley Run pub crawl.

Anyone else ever been on it? What can I expect :D ?

Did it 2 years ago for a stag do. All wore fancy dress and ended up getting chucked out of some pub with about 4 bars remaining.

One of the lads recorderd and it's quite funny watching Where's Wally, Incredible Hulk and an umpa lumpa fighting with some doormen.

• Like 1

Guest MattP

I've a feeling my old man reads this forum occasionally but I don't think he posts much, if at all.

He'd probably be thoroughly ashamed if he realised who I was. :whistle:

I've been recognised by people a couple of times from here now in pubs lol

My Dad and Uncle read it. Occasionally get a wtf text dron either after putting personal stuff on.

Guest MattP

Did it 2 years ago for a stag do. All wore fancy dress and ended up getting chucked out of some pub with about 4 bars remaining.

One of the lads recorderd and it's quite funny watching Where's Wally, Incredible Hulk and an umpa lumpa fighting with some doormen.

lol

Saw 5 Jimmy Savilles going at it in Banus. Amazing stuff to witness.

I've got a Citroen Berlingo. The central brake light comes on when I brake but the 2 at the sides don't, all the bulbs seem to work. 

a) Do the rear bulbs have 2 settings and maybe that's the problem?

b)Can anyone suggest an an alternative theory?

Edited by Webbo

I've got a Citroen Berlingo. The central brake light comes on when I brake but the 2 at the sides don't, all the bulbs seem to work. 

a) Do the rear bulbs have 2 settings and maybe that's the problem?

b)Can anyone suggest an an alternative theory?

are the brake light bulbs twin filament , ie combined brake and rear? you might think they are ok , but one of the filaments in each may have blown . it seems the brake light switch and fuse must be ok though.

• Like 1

are the brake light bulbs twin filament , ie combined brake and rear? you might think they are ok , but one of the filaments in each may have blown . it seems the brake light switch and fuse must be ok though.

That's worked one side but not the other. Is it sometimes that you only have a brake light on one side?

That's worked one side but not the other. Is it sometimes that you only have a brake light on one side?

No you must have one each side . was one of the filaments blown in one lamp ?

If the other twin filament bulb looks ok then   just scrape the contacts and make sure the bulb is pushed in correctly as they have "offset" pins and can easily be inserted incorrectly . 

• Like 1

No you must have one each side . was one of the filaments blown in one lamp ?

If the other twin filament bulb looks ok then   just scrape the contacts and make sure the bulb is pushed in correctly as they have "offset" pins and can easily be inserted incorrectly . 

:thumbup: I wiggled the bulb about a bit and it worked, I've ran out of rep points, I'll give you one later.

Has anybody ever been on a Speed Awareness Course?

Got caught doing 36mph in a 30 zone that I thought was a 40, so as I was close to the limit I'm hoping to be offered a course instead of the points.

Do they take all day, and how painful are they to sit through?

They take all morning, they're extremely boring and patronising. Don't forget to take your licence with you.

:thumbup: I wiggled the bulb about a bit and it worked, I've ran out of rep points, I'll give you one later.

62195-2.jpg?1376584195

:D

you might be best to spray some silicon or wd40 type spray in the lampholders to keep damp out and allows the contactors to make better connection with the bulb   

edit;

i've only just thought of this , but I knew i'd make you see the light one day  :D

Edited by Zingari

I'm just starting to research on grants and bursaries for uni. I completed a degree last year and now I want to go back to do another degree ( social work) however Student Finance said they are unable to offer me a tuition loan because I did a degree before so I am looking around for bursaries etc. So I wonder if anyone might have any tips or can push me in right direction?

I'm just starting to research on grants and bursaries for uni. I completed a degree last year and now I want to go back to do another degree ( social work) however Student Finance said they are unable to offer me a tuition loan because I did a degree before so I am looking around for bursaries etc. So I wonder if anyone might have any tips or can push me in right direction?

Realistically you need to be looking at doing the PG social work course! there is some funding then available. Have a look and let me know if you want more info!

Realistically you need to be looking at doing the PG social work course! there is some funding then available. Have a look and let me know if you want more info!

My previous degree was in ICT. I wanted to quit in my second year but I stuck with it as I don't really have an alternative and I still don't know what I want to do by that time. So, would it be better if I do an undergraduate social work degree to learn everything from scratch?

Beside, ain't many masters and postgraduates degrees are slightly pointless as the majority of job market are already willing to recruit people with undergraduates degrees?

Edited by ChickenBoy

Why is there a little asterisk after my user name in the "users reading this topic" at the bottom of the page  ?

I'm sure it wasn't there before.

Am I on a watch list or summat? :unsure:  

edit;

Does it just indicate that I've used up my rep points for the day?

Edited by Zingari

Why is there a little asterisk after my user name in the "users reading this topic" at the bottom of the page  ?

I'm sure it wasn't there before.

Am I on a watch list or summat? :unsure:  

edit;

Does it just indicate that I've used up my rep points for the day?

It means you are an anonymous user.

I knew it, I bloody well knew it....  :dry:

It means you are an anonymous user.

I knew it, I bloody well knew it....  :dry:

How did i get to be an anonymous user ? and I'm not very anonymous if my user name's there with an asterisk next to it .

no i'm on a hit list  :unsure: