Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Obviously not an answerable quesiton but didn't know where else to put it.

Why, so often, are winning Lottery or Jackpot tickets left unknown for so long? The winners buy the ticket but then don't check to see the numbers and claim their money? :dunno:

Obviously not an answerable quesiton but didn't know where else to put it.

Why, so often, are winning Lottery or Jackpot tickets left unknown for so long? The winners buy the ticket but then don't check to see the numbers and claim their money? :dunno:

When the lottery first launched , some mathematician worked out that if you buy the ticket an hour before the draw , you've more chance of dying or being killed in that hour  than winning the jackpot that week .  

So maybe  some  winners have ceased to be, expired and gone to meet their maker! bereft of life,  resting  in peace! pushing up the daisies, kicked the bucket, joined the choir invisible ..........etc etc  :)
I suppose some could just lose tickets , get destroyed in the washing machine etc 

I found some discarded lottery tickets in a car park the other week (i was retrieving my parked car at the time, not just loitering in a car park). An internal struggle commenced while I considered whether or not I should take the tickets and check them. There were two tickets both with three lines. In the end I got back out of my car and picked them up. Won nothing.

Just thought I'd share.

Flying to Rome tomorrow. Just trying to check in online and they won't let me unless I pay £6.99 per seat. I thought I had paid everything already. Do I need to check in online? Will they charge me if I try to check in at the airport? We're flying with Monarch.

My flat is all electric (no gas).

What is the most economical way of using storage heaters?

Off in the day and full blast for an hour when I get home from work or constantly on but on a really low setting?

I ask because the first option leave more work for it to do to warm the place up, the second has less to to to warm up but is on all the time?

Any ideas?

Off in the day and full blast for an hour when I get home from work or constantly on but on a really low setting?

I ask because the first option leave more work for it to do to warm the place up, the second has less to to to warm up but is on all the time?

Any ideas?

Get a new flat :D

Any ideas?

http://www.studentpad.co.uk/UserFiles/File/Sassh/How%20to%20use%20storage%20heaters1.pdf

Flying to Rome tomorrow. Just trying to check in online and they won't let me unless I pay £6.99 per seat. I thought I had paid everything already. Do I need to check in online? Will they charge me if I try to check in at the airport? We're flying with Monarch.

They won't charge you for checking in at the airport.

One for you finance bods.

Iv'e got an old company pension . I haven't worked there for 15 years and its worth roughly 10k. 

I read recently that these pensions basically sit idle and don't really perform.

Should i just keep it or transfer the funds to my main pension?.

Any ideas?

I thought the whole point of storage heaters was that that you stuck them on at night when electricity is cheaper and they store (if you will) the heat throughout the day, steadily pumping out warm air to keep your flat warm.

• Like 1

Bit surprised to see it deleted tbh. Seemed perfectly harmless to me. What's the point in having rep points if discussing them is not allowed?

Same. As much as I admire what the mods/admin do (I can empathise), that thread was fairly harmless. Seen much worse.

Only thing I can think of is that they saw potential for arguments and pointless bickering in future within the thread.

Same. As much as I admire what the mods/admin do (I can empathise), that thread was fairly harmless. Seen much worse.

Only thing I can think of is that they saw potential for arguments and pointless bickering in future within the thread.

If course it could have been that I fell asleep on the keyboard and accidentally deleted it... wouldn't be the first time! >_<:blush: 

(I don't actually think that's what happened this time, but you never know!) 

I thought the whole point of storage heaters was that that you stuck them on at night when electricity is cheaper and they store (if you will) the heat throughout the day, steadily pumping out warm air to keep your flat warm.

I just discovered this little nugget when reason that PDF Orkney posted. I only knew they were called storage heaters before because my mate pointed them out to me.

How come, when I was a kid, my mum and dad had one metal dustbin and there were four of us in the house and it took a whole week to fill it up, now I've got my own house with four of us in it, I've got 3 fvckin great wheelie bins and can fill em up in a week. Plus a fortnightly trip to the tip...

Edited by yorkie1999