Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

How do you get rid of a blocked ear?? Was on holiday last week and in the pool a lot so I reckon I've got water trapped in my ear. It's been hurting for a while and today It's almost completely deaf in one ear. Is it even blocked or could it be an ear infection?

Sounds very much like an inner ear infection to me.  Swimming pools are breeding grounds for them.

Best to see a doc as soon as you can , and try not to prod around in your ears with cotton wool buds or anything 

I had one a few years ago and left it too long , it took ages to shift and i was having bad dizzy spells . I've not been in a swimming pool since  

Yeah I had this last year in Zante on a stag do. Spent the whole second week shouting "Ay?!!"

Syringe go is the only way however I quite liked the sensation, the water was warm though, it's surprising how much gunk actually comes out.

Afterwards the nurse told me that cotton buds aren't great because as much as you dig out, you shove more up in there too so I had 24 years worth of crap blocked up there.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been working on behalf of an agency for the last six months but recently found out the company i "work" for are supposed to pay me equal to the amount their employees get (after 13 weeks}.

Were talking peanuts here but why am i still getting minimum wage?

As agency staff, our hours arent fixed so sometimes we start later and finish earlier so is this the loophole?

i am still getting paid less for doing the same job.

Ive been working on behalf of an agency for the last six months but recently found out the company i "work" for are supposed to pay me equal to the amount their employees get (after 13 weeks}.

Were talking peanuts here but why am i still getting minimum wage?

As agency staff, our hours arent fixed so sometimes we start later and finish earlier so is this the loophole?

i am still getting paid less for doing the same job.

Yeah, I think you should be paid equally. If your hours are different to salaried staff, they should take an hourly equivalent and match it. Give them some grief.

What is this about Lamby's cock?

I'm seeing loads of references to it so there must have been a thread/conversation about it and I'm feeling a bit left out.

Please tell me about Lamby's cock!

I think he spoke about a workmate getting his cock out, and a case of foxestalk whispers led to the cock out culprit being lamby,and it stuck.

I imagine you'd know a thing or two or three about STDs. I do hope you've sent him a PM, and given him all the necessary excuses required.

lol

I've actually never had one, how I'm not sure. I must be lucky.

Do compasses in the southern hemisphere point south?

yes and no .

all compasses point both north and south in both hemispheres. the north pointer always points north and the south pointer always points south  

Edited by Zingari

Does water really go down plugs in the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere? Never sure if this is a myth or not? :unsure:

More research is needed on this.

To answer this I'd have to watch you getting in and out of the bath and closely observe any movements you make that might affect the behaviour of the water .

I've got some scientific qualifications  

:)  ;)

• Like 1