Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I'm a few episodes into Homeland, but my mate is currently raving about 24.

Homeland's been a bit of a slow burner for me, still not fully into it. Should I stick with Homeland or put it away for a bit and watch 24? What's better?

How many episodes of homeland have you watched so far?

I've not seen 24.

Only 4 but its just not gripped me in the same way other series have.

It's up to you. I love it and know other people who do, but they're long episodes and if you're not into it then fine. It's building to something and that something was brilliant, I can assure you of that.

It's up to you. I love it and know other people who do, but they're long episodes and if you're not into it then fine. It's building to something and that something was brilliant, I can assure you of that.

Nice one mate, I'm gonna stick with it a bit longer!

Cheers lads.

Just rang our service us. They basically said we are liable for the amount because, although we didn't move in until September, our tenancy agreement started on July 1st.

I will ring SSE up, but I'm waiting for the landlord first as he said he's coming round later for house viewings. Going to see what he says, I'm not entirely happy we're liable considering we didn't use anything prior.

What did he say?

What did he say?

He didn't come around. And I forgot about ringing SSE again! Definitely going to try and sort it tomorrow though, but I don't want to ring SSE up and be trapped in a corner.

One of my housemates is adament we aren't paying it, but we've all tried to come to a conclusion that if it needs paying then we might just have to surrender and pay it.

Anyway, another one of my housemates, one of the girls, rang our service provider after me and they said they can reinburst us some money. I got told something else by them; don't think I'm seductive enough!

I think we had a similar problem and we might have ended up paying something. If your tenancy agreement started from July then I think you are liable although if no one was in the house then it won't be much to pay, especially split between 5. Actually I think the landlord paid it come to think of it. But our landlord was a professor at the uni and basically very accommodating. I think what can happen is you end up paying part of the bill for the last tenants. 

i've bought some frozen joints of meat for Christmas new year etc but they look too big . is there any way i can cut them up without defrosting them ? 

My wife did this last year, we eventually managed with a bread knife but it was hard work. Have you tried a hacksaw?

My wife did this last year, we eventually managed with a bread knife but it was hard work. Have you tried a hacksaw?

was going to try that but not sure if it will affect the meat ( metal and paint on the blade etc)

i suppose if i wash the joints in cold water they should be ok , i'll give it a try  :thumbup: