Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

My wife did this last year, we eventually managed with a bread knife but it was hard work. Have you tried a hacksaw?

i cleaned up a course toothed woodsaw and put some cooking oil on the blade and it sliced through easily .

I'm now in good books with the missus today cuz she's been fookin about for ages trying to cut them up   :)

thanks for the tip anyway  :thumbup:

If I was in the market to buy a car and would like an old style mini, what make and model do I put into things like Auto Trader as it only ever comes up with the new style minis which as we all know are woman cars.

No idea. I'd say use the age function, but that only goes to "10 years or older" and they been making the new Minis longer than that.

If I was in the market to buy a car and would like an old style mini, what make and model do I put into things like Auto Trader as it only ever comes up with the new style minis which as we all know are woman cars.

If you put Morris in the manufacturer it comes up with 1 mini estate. 

I saw that, I also tried Austin but that only had a couple too

I just had a look & put 'Austin' within 200 miles of my postcode.  I didn't specify a model.  A fair few old minis came up.....along with a load of Metros, Maestros & an Allegro that thinks it's a Rolls Royce. 

It seems you would be looking at around £3,000 for anything decent.  I've always wanted an old-style Mini Cooper S but they're like rocking horse shit & cost a fortune.  My Dad had a 1275GT in black when I was a nipper (in the 70's).......I loved it & scary fast!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/austin/postcode/le11aa/radius/200/maximum-age/over_10_years_old/onesearchad/used/sort/default

I've never really heard anything good about minis......build quality, reliability, sub-frame, etc.  Maybe there's a few ex-owners on here who could tell you more about it?  It's never really put me off.  I wouldn't be buying it for getting to work & back......just for fun.

For an original Mini, you'd probably be better off with Pistonheads Classifieds.

As a warning, there are not that many around and they're starting to command a premium.

i really wouldn't bother unless you are an enthusiast with a good bit  of mechanical know how .

they were pretty good in their day but having one would be a labour of love now .

get yersen a nice micra  :xmasbiggrin:

I have been trying to transfer some music from a MP3 player to my laptop media player but it won't accept the file type. It is an ALB file. I have searched and it says it is an graphic file ex. One site said there was a way withItunes which I tried downloading but there was a problem with installing so I took it off. Also there were some add ons which slowed my PC down.

Is there a converter to fix this problem?

I have been trying to transfer some music from a MP3 player to my laptop media player but it won't accept the file type. It is an ALB file. I have searched and it says it is an graphic file ex. One site said there was a way withItunes which I tried downloading but there was a problem with installing so I took it off. Also there were some add ons which slowed my PC down.

Is there a converter to fix this problem?

mediaconverter dot org can do it I think. http://www.mediaconverter.org/ Click on upload file if the abl files are on your pc.

itunes can also convert if you have it.