Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

If someone, 'self titrates to 60mg of fluoxtine od' what are they doing?

Fluoxetine is Prozac, an SSRI anti-depressant. It typically comes in 20mg capsules.

Self titrating is basically determining yourself what dose to take, it shouldn't really be done without experience of the substance, if at all. I certainly wouldn't ever suggest upping your dose manually.

I assume in this instance the person was on either 20mg (standard dose) or 40mg (a fairly high dose) and they're upping it themselves because they don't feel it's working. I've only ever known one person on 60mg (it's sad how many Prozac and citalopram users I know, come to think about it) and it's really quite a high dose.

This person should probably consult their GP. They may just be attention seeking, however, it's a bit strange that you know. The "OD" implies they know it's a higher dose than they've been recommended (though it isn't an overdose in the literal sense of poisoning yourself.) Was this a text or a Facebook status? And is it your ex?

Edited by Finnegan

I enjoyed your poems blog lol

Please can you post Burger Love again? Great poem

Burger Love

her quarter-pounder eyes

edged with charcoal

coaxed me inside.

her round succulent body

i savoured hungrily

as from table to table she rolled.

a small gherkin green nose

sat on lips of tomato sauce

surrounded by a cheesy smile.

as my fingers touched

i knew it was

burger love.

• Like 3

Burger Love

her quarter-pounder eyes

edged with charcoal

coaxed me inside.

her round succulent body

i savoured hungrily

as from table to table she rolled.

a small gherkin green nose

sat on lips of tomato sauce

surrounded by a cheesy smile.

as my fingers touched

i knew it was

burger love.

A classic :D

So I have to get a revenge xmas present for my brother, 2 years ago I got him extra small condoms so last year he got me back by buying me a bar of soap saying "Gay Bar" on it. It's now my turn again but I'm stuck for ideas.

Maybe this though:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Novelty-DP0560-Inflatable-Perfect-Man/dp/B002WULFB4/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1387416844&sr=8-14&keywords=grow+your+own+boyfriend

Edited by Lamby

Why do some people need to undo their belt and unbutton there pants to go for a piss when they have a fly?

For me it's like the monkey with a banana in a jar problem . 
There's enough gap to get the banana in the jar and enough gap to get his hand in the jar,  but not enough to get his hand out again while clutching the banana. 

Now try to imagine  a gap resembling a fly hole, a man's hand and a cucumber  :xmassmile:

• 2 weeks later...

I had a good idea for a questions thread, - which would be a particular poster being posed a number of questions each week which I thought might be interesting ie...

Poster is revealed on Friday, questions come in from then on till say the wednesday, to be answered as and when they are ready (but before we lose interest).

I'd find it interesting anyway.

The LCFC forum is a bit cringey at the moment isnt it?

Has anyone ever changed their minds on a strongly held belief because of something they've read on Foxestalk?

I very much doubt it, strongly held beliefs don't change easily, Zing and others have certainly swayed my thinking in the WTC 7 thread, but I didn't have a strong opinion before, and I don't reall have a strong opinion on it now. As I posted once before, when I get into ideological and political discussions with people it is not necessarily to change the minds of the person I'm arguing with, but to try and get both points of view put across so that those who are unsure of which way they go get rhetoric and hyperbole from both sides to cloud their judgement.

Sometimes, if you come up against someone well informed who holds the opposite view, whilst they won't change your mind, they can offer you the opportunity to smooth off some rough edges in your own argument.

There are quite a few on here who routinely do make me question what I think - and I suppose that is why we all bother with the debate.

I don't know whether it's because of my age but I often change my opinion or view on something because of something somebody on here has posted. Usually it's things that I know very little about, but I learn more on here than I do at school.

Has anyone ever changed their minds on a strongly held belief because of something they've read on Foxestalk?

I can remember a while ago reading a really well written post (I forget who it was by, an expat I think) on U.S. gun control that sort of changed my perspective on it. It was strange because I'd started seeing a girl who was from Reno, around the same time and I couldn't really understand her view on guns but after hearing what she had to say and after reading that post it certainly fleshed out my understanding somewhat.