Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Has anyone ever changed their minds on a strongly held belief because of something they've read on Foxestalk?

Strongly held belief - maybe not, but I regularly change my views and pre-conceived conceptions due to discusions in this forum.

Lodgers- is it the norm to require a deposit? if so how much?

Is it an invasion/breech of trust asking for ID, confirmation of who they say they are etc?

Does a contract need to be written up?

A term/duration agreed verbally or in writing?

What notice is required to ask them to leave?

1 month deposit, ask for id, verbal contract will be fine. 1 month kicking out notice.

Lodgers- is it the norm to require a deposit? if so how much?

Is it an invasion/breech of trust asking for ID, confirmation of who they say they are etc?

Does a contract need to be written up?

A term/duration agreed verbally or in writing?

What notice is required to ask them to leave?

Just be carefult with deposits, landlords are required to keep the deposit in a special account, the rules changed recently as too many landlords were ripping people off by not paying back the deposit, you could get into trouble taking a deposit if you don't do it right. I know it is ridiculous but like most things in life it has all got very complicated because there are arseholes out there trying to take more than they have a right to.

Edited by Captain Pancake Face

1 of the rubber things that hangs the exhaust pipe to the car is broken. Can I buy a new 1 at Parkers etc and are they easy to fit?

Yes you can and yes they are, they just slide on piece of cake.

I managed it and I am a complete numbnuts with anything practical/DIY/manly.

I awarding myself 10 man points just for answering this.

• Like 1

I've never understood why clubs can't just make their own. Surely in this day and age it is an important part of branding. Hardly impressive when yours looks the same as everyone else's.

Especially when they are all shit, I barely look at the OS, it is normally posted on here first, and I get a lot of ill-informed opinion and arguments as an added bonus.

Especially when they are all shit, I barely look at the OS, it is normally posted on here first, and I get a lot of ill-informed opinion and arguments as an added bonus.

I can't remember the last time I went in the OS, it's absolutely dreadful because of the content, design and how slow it is for confirmation.