Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

What's the Clarendon Park area ofthe city like to live in?

I lived on Sprinfield Road about 10 years ago.  About a 2 minute walk to Queens Road/Clarendon Park Road.  I wouldn't mind living round there, if I was to live closer to the city centre, but houses are a bit too expensive & as Webbo says - parking is a frigging nightmare.

Not far from town, loads of pubs & restaurants, and plenty of student totty floating about.  There seems to be a lot of teacher, social worker, university lecturer types that live in the area.

• Like 1

I lived on Sprinfield Road about 10 years ago.  About a 2 minute walk to Queens Road/Clarendon Park Road.  I wouldn't mind living round there, if I was to live closer to the city centre, but houses are a bit too expensive & as Webbo says - parking is a frigging nightmare.

Not far from town, loads of pubs & restaurants, and plenty of student totty floating about.  There seems to be a lot of teacher, social worker, university lecturer types that live in the area.

I wanted to live there when we got married but the Missus wanted to stay in Syston.

• Like 1

I wanted to live there when we got married but the Missus wanted to stay in Syston.

I only rented.  There's no way I could have afforded a half decent house in the area & I didn't want a flat.  You get a lot more bang for your buck elsewhere.  Where I live now would be 50% more if it was located in Clarendon Park.  It's close to town, pubs, & all that......but I much prefer village life (even if every fooker knows your business).

I didn't know Syston very well at all until recently.  I've got a few customers in Keyham & Scraptoft & pass through Syston occasionally.  Looks fine.

I didn't know Syston very well at all until recently.  I've got a few customers in Keyham & Scraptoft & pass through Syston occasionally.  Looks fine.

It's not a bad place to be fair.

I thought you were in Littlethorpe, why would you pass through Syston?

It's not a bad place to be fair.

I thought you were in Littlethorpe, why would you pass through Syston?

I live smack in the middle of Cosby village (grew up in Narborough).  I do some work for a friend who lives in Keyham & now look after his Mum's garden & all her neighbours in Scraptoft.  I usually go up the A46 & I'll pass through Syston.  I don't get to see a lot of it, but I've seen it being knocked on here before when it seems fairly decent to me.  I only really know the area close to Barkby Lane & there's some biggish gaffs around there.

I live smack in the middle of Cosby village (grew up in Narborough).  I do some work for a friend who lives in Keyham & now look after his Mum's garden & all her neighbours in Scraptoft.  I usually go up the A46 & I'll pass through Syston.  I don't get to see a lot of it, but I've seen it being knocked on here before when it seems fairly decent to me.  I only really know the area close to Barkby Lane & there's some biggish gaffs around there.

I live on that estate at the end of the  A46.

What's the Clarendon Park area ofthe city like to live in?

Did there used to be a hospital on Clarendon Park Road ?
 I'm sure when i was a kid i remember my mum taking me in there for a few days and they cut some bits out of me . 
Afterwards they packed  me off to a big old country mansion house ( Roeclliff Manor I think) near Bradgate Park for a couple of weeks convalescence.

It was like a holiday really , i'd never seen so much grass and trees . I think  cried when they made me leave .

maybe i imagined it all as i've just googled it and can't find any mention of a hospital around there. :unsure:

Did there used to be a hospital on Clarendon Park Road ?
 I'm sure when i was a kid i remember my mum taking me in there for a few days and they cut some bits out of me . 
Afterwards they packed  me off to a big old country mansion house ( Roeclliff Manor I think) near Bradgate Park for a couple of weeks convalescence.

It was like a holiday really , i'd never seen so much grass and trees . I think  cried when they made me leave .

maybe i imagined it all as i've just googled it and can't find any mention of a hospital around there. :unsure:

my mum used to give me acid so I'd stop annoying her when I was a kid. your's may have done a similar thing 

What is the reason some people are cremated instead of buried?

Went to a funeral yesterday and it was the first cremation I've been to. Was wondering if there's a religious reason for choosing cremation, or if it's a cost thing or something else.

Went to a funeral yesterday and it was the first cremation I've been to. Was wondering if there's a religious reason for choosing cremation, or if it's a cost thing or something else.

It's just cooler, I wouldn't mind being cremated. Lob me off a cliff when I'm done or into the see. I don't want to be rotting in a box in the ground. Apart from being dull it's really weird.

My dad died when I was 13 and I've always felt it weird going to visit him. Just being in a graveyard is unnerving for me. I become really hyper-aware that there are hundreds of boxes with dead people in just a few feet below me.

Edited by Haydos

It's just cooler, I wouldn't mind being cremated. Lob me off a cliff when I'm done or into the see. I don't want to be rotting in a box in the ground. Apart from being dull it's really weird.

My dad died when I was 13 and I've always felt it weird going to visit him. Just being in a graveyard is unnerving for me. I become really hyper-aware that there are hundreds of boxes with dead people in just a few feet below me.

I thought that some people might prefer being able to have the ashes scattered somewhere of theirs or their families choice. It is a nice idea. Not really sure why, but I prefer the idea of a graveyard burial myself.

cost i should think is the main factor  . grave plots  are very expensive. 

Edited by Zingari

I always liked the idea of being cremated and having your ashes scattered under a tree or something. 

Personally I'd find it a bit unnerving just keeping them in a box on my mantelpiece.

I don't want to decompose/get eaten by worms and I don't want people visiting my grave after I'm gone. When I'm dead I want to be cremated and my ashes scattered.

i want my ashes scattered all over the paintwork of  a room you've just decorated .

:)