Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Why do Gregg's charge 20% VAT if you sit inside and eat? I went in earlier to buy something and they asked me whether I was eating it inside.

Because HMRC say so. I think cold food is VAT exempt if it's sold for consumption off the premise but otherwise you have to charge VAT.

Here's the relevant quote from HMRC

You must always charge VAT at the standard rate if you make a supply of food and drink for consumption on the premises on which it is supplied - see also section 1. Also, you must charge VAT at the standard rate if you supply hot take-away food (that is, hot food for consumption away from the premises where it is sold).

OK well I've got to ask as it's driving me crazy.

Saw a music video but only caught a tiny bit, the video had sean paul in it at the end but he wasn't the one singing, I think it was a british rapper, jamacan style, and just had various people dancing and miming to the song.

Any ideas?