Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

If freezing keeps food safe, why is it bad to refreeze thawed food?

Refrozen food has a higher risk of causing food poisoning because, as explained, when food is thawed, bacteria can multiply rapidly – particularly if at room temperature. So if the product is refrozen these bacteria will survive, and when defrosted again, it is more likely that the bacteria would reach harmful levels and cause food poisoning.

However, if you cook defrosted food before refreezing (for example turning defrosted chicken into a chicken curry), any harmful bugs will be killed off, making the food safe before freezing. Any defrosted food can be stored in the fridge for up to two days before it needs to be cooked or thrown away.

Hmmm, I suppose.

OK well I've got to ask as it's driving me crazy.

Saw a music video but only caught a tiny bit, the video had sean paul in it at the end but he wasn't the one singing, I think it was a british rapper, jamacan style, and just had various people dancing and miming to the song.

Any ideas?

My guess is the British guy was Gyptian. That might narrow it down for you.

My Jamaican wife hates my love of dancehall.

ok. 

this month the mrs has said i can go to leicester for the weekend to watch a footy match for my birthday, but money dictates everything so i cancelled some time ago. 

my step mum died last saturday, and im travelling up, to leicester for the funeral on the 19th. as im having to find the money for this anyway a thought popped up that i could effectivly stay till the 23rd and catch the ipswich game on the 22nd......

would that be an ok thing to do?

the plan for the rest of the time spent up there is be with my dad.

Edited by Beliall

i have to go to a funeral in leicester on the 20th, would it be rude to book tickets to the ipswitch game and go to that while im up there?

Depends on how close you are. If it's your Mrs, you might think twice, especially as to who will look after the kids.

Depends on how close you are. If it's your Mrs, you might think twice, especially as to who will look after the kids.

no its my step mum, we werent all  that close but she was a big influence on my life, i want to be there and stay with my dad and do what i can, just sneak off for a few hours a couple of days later before i go..

(edited my original post for context)

no its my step mum, we werent all  that close but she was a big influence on my life, i want to be there and stay with my dad and do what i can, just sneak off for a few hours a couple of days later before i go..

I'm sorry if I sounded flippant and sorry for your loss.

In which case I definitely wouldn't, your Dad will need your support.

My condolences on your loss. How about asking your Dad if he wants to come to the match? He may by that time be wanting to get out and about?

My condolences on your loss. How about asking your Dad if he wants to come to the match? He may by that time be wanting to get out and about?

doubtful, it was my half brother who went with me when i lived there, he likes the foxes but has never been to a game. 

doubtful, it was my half brother who went with me when i lived there, he likes the foxes but has never been to a game. 

Yes but its a trip out. On the night of my Dads funeral me and my step siblings all went out to the Broken Spoke Bar (In Austin Texas) for some beers and a bit of dancing, it was a lot better than sitting around moping. My step mother chose not to come but the rest of us felt better for it.

Yes but its a trip out. On the night of my Dads funeral me and my step siblings all went out to the Broken Spoke Bar (In Austin Texas) for some beers and a bit of dancing, it was a lot better than sitting around moping. My step mother chose not to come but the rest of us felt better for it.

thats probably going to happen anyway. if i decide not to go to the game ill be leaving that morning, rather than that evening

Boiler help needed. It has stopped working. Showing fault F1 flashing. Tried resetting but to no avail. The repair team is covered under the rent but don't like to call them out if I can do it myself. According to the manual it is low pressure. Part of the problem is the boiler is a little awkward to reach so finding it difficult to see and reach the dials. Turned off ATM.

Boiler help needed. It has stopped working. Showing fault F1 flashing. Tried resetting but to no avail. The repair team is covered under the rent but don't like to call them out if I can do it myself. According to the manual it is low pressure. Part of the problem is the boiler is a little awkward to reach so finding it difficult to see and reach the dials. Turned off ATM.

i had this problem recently, theres a device inside that was faulty and needed replacing. previously i fixed the problem by adding water to the main tank upstairs. Attach the hose and run the tap for 5 seconds

Edited by Beliall

Is there a pipe leading into it with a tap/lever on it?  If so you should be able to let more water into the system to restore pressure.  There will be a pressure gauge/dial, and the manual should say what the level should be when the heating isn't on.

I'm no expert though - I just had a Vaillant boiler at my old house where I had to do this every so often until I had all the radiators replaced, as there was a tiny leak somewhere.

Edit:  It is a combi, isn't it Ken?

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

Logic Combi. There is a dial for the pressure but no meter. Should be between 1 &1.5  but hard to see where it is and the nubers on the dial switch not showing up/ There are two valves underneath a blue and a red one.

It says if it fails to start contact an engineer. Has to go wrong at the weekend.

Manufacturer Ideal.