Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I was listening to an interview a few days ago and the man said a quote from a film that was something like ;

"the chances of an individual person being right about something increases in direct proportion to how many (or how forceful ) people that are trying to prove him wrong"

As a bit of a conspiracy theorist it struck a bit of a chord with me .

Does anyone know the exact quote or from which film it came please ?

I've tried googling it 

Boiler help needed. It has stopped working. Showing fault F1 flashing. Tried resetting but to no avail. The repair team is covered under the rent but don't like to call them out if I can do it myself. According to the manual it is low pressure. Part of the problem is the boiler is a little awkward to reach so finding it difficult to see and reach the dials. Turned off ATM.

you need to re pressurise the system. There should be a silver braided hose you open 1 or 2 knobs on. Unless its a worcester boiler in which case youll have a key.Increase it to about 1 bar.

Certainly something you can and legally able to do yourself. You may need to bleed the radiators too then increase pressure as above

Thanks Webbo and Buce :thumbup:

Sounds a good quote to me :P

No worries. :)

"In a world of full of manipulation, half-truths and lies, the conspiracy theory is often a safer bet than the official story."

Gary Hopkins

Edited by Buce

Has anyone ever used snow socks on their car tyres ? are they any use in the snow ? 

i nearly got stuck in snow last year so i've bought  some and put them  in my boot in case we get some snow , but they don't look as though they'd make much difference.

Are they just more gimmicky rubbish that i've wasted money on ? 

They're not useless but if you drive on Tarmac they get shredded so if you need them on a side road

they have to be removed when you reach a gritted road.

Have you had some inside weather info? When's it coming.

Thanks john :thumbup: 

No  inside info i'm just trying to be prepared for it if it comes .

Thats good, basically they do work as an emergency situation.They look easy enough to fit and remove .

So i'll keep them in the boot and hope i won't need them  :)

Given the intensity with which people try to disprove god, your quote would suggest he definitely exists

How'd you like it now, jesus-boy

firstly i'm an atheist and secondly there are equally as many that try to prove the existence of god as the non-existence, so it's hardly a case of an "individual " 

edit;

oh yeah,  and wot spherical said too  :)

Edited by Zingari

firstly i'm an atheist and secondly there are equally as many that try to prove the existence of god as the non-existence, so it's hardly a case of an "individual "

edit;

oh yeah, and wot spherical said too :)

Well if you're going to apply it strictly to individuals then it is quite limited in its application. Even the most whacko theories find themselves a following.

Edited by MooseBreath

does it fook. Jeebus and or any other religious stories are not conspiracies, nor could be described as.

actually,  thinking about it again religious institutions can be classed as giant conspiracies 

Well if you're going to apply it strictly to individuals them it is quite limited in its application. Even the moat whacko theories find themselves a following.

yes that's very true , but most have the main spokesperson or small cabal such as Gage for architects 911 , David Ray Griffen 911 truth  or Sibrel/Kaysing  for moon stuff ,

the main thrust is to  knock them down  as individuals either by character assassination or other devious dirty tricks so that any association is tainted .   

anyway it's not my words of wisdom , it's just a film quote. :)  

EDIT;

Going back to your original comparison to religious beliefs etc . In the past it was quite something if an individual denied the existence of a god etc , there was indeed  a great  intensity to disprove them as individuals and this method of suppressing dissent was very effective.

It was only when more and more started to question religious belief a whole movement grew and the tactic became useless .
so i'd say the quote does have much merit to it.
Edited by Zingari

When I was waiting for the bus this morning there was a bright "star" in the sky (about 145 degrees south east when I pointed the compass on my phone at it).

Is that a star or something else? It was brighter than the rest an I've never really noticed it before.

Incidentally, it's the first time I've ever actually used the compass on my phone!! :)

Edited by FoxesAreBlue

When I was waiting for the bus this morning there was a bright "star" in the sky (about 145 degrees south east when I pointed the compass on my phone at it).

Is that a star or something else? It was brighter than the rest an I've never really noticed it before.

Incidentally, it's the first time I've ever actually used the compass on my phone!! :)

It's probably just an alien space ship preparing to invade but they need more info about us  . 
They're using mobile phone signals to track and select humans suitable for abduction and experimentation 

Nah it's probably one of the planets ,  Venus maybe ?  . :)