Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Are ambulance drivers allowed to turn their sirens on to get through traffic and then once through turn them off and just drive normal.

No!

When and where did this happen?

It's possible that the crew were stood down from the emergency for whatever reason and turned the sirens/lights off and returned to normal driving. It's also possible that they were given the job, turned them on and then got stood down almost immediately. This happens a lot with the computerised despatch system. It locates the nearest available vehicle to the incident and automatically allocates them to the job and the crew go mobile "red" (lights and sirens). It might then locate a nearer vehicle that has just come clear and re-allocate the job to them, crew stands down.

Or it might be that the initial response criteria has been downgraded from Red 1 emergency to G2, urgent, in which case the crew will resume travel at normal road speed.

CPF gave a good answer too, it is possible that, in order to get through traffic, lights and sirens are used. Generally though if a patient is in the back and needs to get to hospital quickly, sirens are only used in traffic, lights are on for the whole journey

Edited by Parafox

Happened on Krefeld Way around 13.20 today. It was just a bit strange that there was a bit of traffic and then all of a sudden the sirens and lights came on. Then once they were clear of it the lights & sirens went off and they just resumed normal driving.

Thinking of going for a day out in Stamford on Sunday. What is there to see there? Where's the best place for Sunday dinner that a) Won't cost a fortune and b) we;re likely to able to get in without booking?

Thinking of going for a day out in Stamford on Sunday. What is there to see there? Where's the best place for Sunday dinner that a) Won't cost a fortune and b) we;re likely to able to get in without booking?

There used to be an old manor or hall that put on outdoor Shakespeare plays on sunday afternoons a few years back and we thought it was really good .

If they still do it it's probably still too early in the year , i think it was more towards june july ish , so it's probably no help whatsoever to you :D  

It's a nice place but there isn't much to do, especially on a Sunday.

Spring is in the air and old men's thoughts turn to hanging baskets. 

I've just been in the local 99p shop and they've got bags of compost and grow bags . The grow bags look about twice the size of the compost bags , but it looks like the same stuff inside . is there any reason i can't use the stuff in grow bags as compost for flower baskets ?

Guest MattP

Has anybody eaten at Taps in Leicester? They have some great beers but I am thinking about eating there on Tuesday before the game with my bro for his birthday.

Only once but it was decent there from what I remember.

Spring is in the air and old men's thoughts turn to hanging baskets. 

I've just been in the local 99p shop and they've got bags of compost and grow bags . The grow bags look about twice the size of the compost bags , but it looks like the same stuff inside . is there any reason i can't use the stuff in grow bags as compost for flower baskets ?

Think they are the same these days Zing,I ran out of compost a few years back and used a grow bag my mum had given me for tomatoes.Not a scrap of difference in what I must say was a magnificent display of colour brightening up a dull part of the Fens.
  • Like 1

Think they are the same these days Zing,I ran out of compost a few years back and used a grow bag my mum had given me for tomatoes.Not a scrap of difference in what I must say was a magnificent display of colour brightening up a dull part of the Fens.

cheers CF :thumbup:  i'll tell the missus to bring a few bags home on the bus with her 

• Like 1

Guest MattP

One for the strikers.

Does 3 people qualify to be described as a "picket line" - How many makes it official?

From the Merc today, described as one.

5941584-large.jpg

One for the strikers.

Does 3 people qualify to be described as a "picket line" - How many makes it official?

From the Merc today, described as one.

5941584-large.jpg

Only 3 but they cover a wide selection, a bloke in a silly hat, a woman, and a ginger muslim.

Guest MattP

Only 3 but they cover a wide selection, a bloke in a silly hat, a woman, and a ginger muslim.

lol If you were doing a parody picture of 3 teachers on strike you couldn't have come up with a better one than the Mercury did today.