Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Suffering from musucular back pain at the moment. I have been off work for a week and it is looking like it will be another week off work as well. I have visited doctors and got some pills to help with inflammation. I also looked online for advice but I thought I should go on here for some real life experiences. Apparently, back pain is the most common reason for sick leave.

Suffering from musucular back pain at the moment. I have been off work for a week and it is looking like it will be another week off work as well. I have visited doctors and got some pills to help with inflammation. I also looked online for advice but I thought I should go on here for some real life experiences. Apparently, back pain is the most common reason for sick leave.

And the easiest to fake

edit: not suggesting for one minute your not genuine.

Edited by Parafox

Heat will relax the muscles. I use a moist heat pad that I heat in the microwave and it keeps warm for about an hour under a tee shirt. Alternatively you can use a hot water bottle but they're pretty small. I found this at Boots and has some good reviews.

I haven't heard of anti-inflammatory pills being used for muscle pain, they are normally for reducing the swelling around a joint or spine, still he's the doctor.

Good luck!

Edited by Smudge

Guest MattP

Whats happening between Mattp and White Dee these days!

She dumped me mate, gone off with some high flying poet/broadcaster who can bring home the benefits better than me. :(

She dumped me mate, gone off with some high flying poet/broadcaster who can bring home the benefits better than me. :(

That's what you get for letting her sit on your face, Ken picked the position of choice.............you living rough in the street by the one guy who creates threads about them.....how ironic!!

Ken's career on Panj Paani radio and his poetry about homeless was too much of an attraction.....i mean WTF have you ever done in your life other then post shit on this site!!

Guest MattP

That's what you get for letting her sit on your face, Ken picked the position of choice.............you living rough in the street by the one guy who creates threads about them.....how ironic!!

Ken's career on Panj Paani radio and his poetry about homeless was too much of an attraction.....i mean WTF have you ever done in your life other then post shit on this site!!

Nothing at all and I'm man enough to admit I was beaten.

He puts the poon in panj pani, he knows the market, those two working together, can you even begin to imagine the cost to the taxpayer? No man can come close.

I lost, the game is up for me. Black Dee however, well, I'm sure she's avaliable!

Is it more economical to drive on a motorway using cruise control compared to normal driving?

I would say providing it stays a flat surface and you were to drive at a constant speed (70 mph) it wouldnt make any difference. The debate comes from if there are hills or you are stopping and starting. Some cars to get back up to speed during cruise control throw more fuel in than whats necessary in order to get back upto speed quicker.

I have cruise control and i hav tried a full tank using cruise control and without and not really noticed any huge differences. the main thing for me is not having to have your right foot on the accelerator all the time therefore the journey becomes less tiring.

Just plan ahead if you know your coming upto a point with lots of sharp bends and uphill/downhill roads then drive manually and only use cruise control when you can keep it at a constant.

If you find that you cant keep at 70 on your own and end up creeping up to 75 then slowing back down to 70 then cruise control would defo be more economical for you. Its really down to how you are as a driver.

• Like 1

Is it more economical to drive on a motorway using cruise control compared to normal driving?

i would say so,cruise control uses the most efficient way to accelerate and maintain,however I struggle to use it in this country as I'm always braking.Villages with speed limits it's handy IMO .

I would say providing it stays a flat surface and you were to drive at a constant speed (70 mph) it wouldnt make any difference. The debate comes from if there are hills or you are stopping and starting. Some cars to get back up to speed during cruise control throw more fuel in than whats necessary in order to get back upto speed quicker.

I have cruise control and i hav tried a full tank using cruise control and without and not really noticed any huge differences. the main thing for me is not having to have your right foot on the accelerator all the time therefore the journey becomes less tiring.

Just plan ahead if you know your coming upto a point with lots of sharp bends and uphill/downhill roads then drive manually and only use cruise control when you can keep it at a constant.

If you find that you cant keep at 70 on your own and end up creeping up to 75 then slowing back down to 70 then cruise control would defo be more economical for you. Its really down to how you are as a driver.

excellent response thank you. When I drive a car I find I have to keep switching CC off then resuming as I approach vehicles travelling slower than me. it's so much about anticipation. Slowing down and then using CC to get back to speed feels like a harsh acceleration, using more fuel, but so nice!

However when I drive a truck it's so much more constant and therefore easier and probably more fuel efficient.

Guest MattP

Why have Labour all of a sudden started chasing the Reality TV/Joey Essex vote?

I can't quite get my head around just what they are up to.

5982070-large.jpg

Joey uploaded the photo onto Twitter on Wednesday, with the caption: “At #TeamLabour drinks reception tonight with my selfie buddies Emma Thompson and @Ed_Miliband and gang.â€

Edited by MattP

Guest MattP

They're down with the kids Matt. I'm readying my vote as we speak.

I seriously don't get it at all,this is about the fifth time Ed Miliband has been snapped with him and he's now he is along at private functions? It's very weird.