Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Just want to get people's ideas on this one,especially those who have either interviewed people for management jobs or have had this question, or anyones thoughts to help.

The wife holds a management role which is being cut nationally and has many job interviews lined up,however internal jobs at this level you can't just answer" I work well on my own or in a team" it's all" tell me a time......" And presentations.Now I used to do all of this political,corporate say what they want to hear stuff when I was in a similar role 10 years ago,but one-two question always crop up and we want to know if there is an answer that is near to the perfect reply.

What are your faults?

What could you improve on?

Now I know you can use personal examples,but anyone got any good ones you CAN use in an interview.She has two interviews Friday.

Cheers it is appreciated.

Ive found that honesty (whilst risky) is the best policy, if she can think of an area that she does not excel...(ideally not the most important part of the job, because obviously she can do that stuff perfectly) but an area that she realised her difficulty... BUT, also then explain how she has resolved (or is well on the way to resolving)that problem.

So in truth, she no longer has the flaw/fault... but has answered honestly.

Improvement -  if its a role different to what she is used to , she could get away with naming a specific part of the role (helps in shows the boss that she knows the business too) that she isnt familiar with and how she will improve herslef by learning more, studying..watching other etc. finish up with and explanation of things she has done well after being challenged by them.. good chance to add another point or two to the interview. 

In my experience, the most important things (assuming you have the neccessary skills and experience of course) is that the interviewee is honest, personable and enthusiastic. as the interviewer, im going to have to explain this person to whoever my boss/directors are, so they are a reflection of me.

not sure that helps, but  :thumbup:  Good luck to her and you.. stressful times, 

• Like 1

It's not chocolate flavoured for goodness sake it's just the rich malts and candied sugar which are used during the brewing process and the high ABV mean some quad Belgians have many subtle flavours some being dark fruit and dark chocolate.

Kind of, hints of chocolate from my experience.

Do we have a beer thread? I'd like some recommendations.

TPH has an ale thread might as well post in that, I would be happy to recommend beers.

I was looking at Bruges (on street view, the only way I travel - don't judge me)and it looks like a cracking place, is Belgium expensive, generally speaking?

Bruges is amazing imo, it is a bit touristy but even still if you are in to cool pubs/buildings amazing beer and scenery then you can't go wrong. It's pretty standard in terms of prices I found, similar to over here for food and drink.

• Like 1

As you pointed out - examples are key - if you put something on your CV and you cannot back it up you are not going to look great.  Study the job spec and try to list examples of experience, success, failures and learnings from each of the key requirements.

Knowing your development needs is essential in management levels - avoid the cliched shit ilke "I work too hard", "I am too much of a perfectionist" - you want to bring out what you think you can get from the role- recruiters want to hear that you will be committed to the role for a reasonable period and showing you think it fits your development needs as well as their requirements makes a great fit. 

Think about it as gaps in your experience or skillset.  "I feel I have not spent enough time really partnering a business leader and its something i really want to spend more time on.", or "While I have succeeded when working on cross functional projects, I am keen to take full reponsibility for a significant project and see it though to completion".  fi they really push for a weakness or fault, you could fall back on your personality type - "I am pretty goal oriented, so I have to make sure I put aside sufficient time to recognise that other dont always approach things the same way" - ir indeed the opposite.

Ive found that honesty (whilst risky) is the best policy, if she can think of an area that she does not excel...(ideally not the most important part of the job, because obviously she can do that stuff perfectly) but an area that she realised her difficulty... BUT, also then explain how she has resolved (or is well on the way to resolving)that problem.

So in truth, she no longer has the flaw/fault... but has answered honestly.

Improvement -  if its a role different to what she is used to , she could get away with naming a specific part of the role (helps in shows the boss that she knows the business too) that she isnt familiar with and how she will improve herslef by learning more, studying..watching other etc. finish up with and explanation of things she has done well after being challenged by them.. good chance to add another point or two to the interview. 

In my experience, the most important things (assuming you have the neccessary skills and experience of course) is that the interviewee is honest, personable and enthusiastic. as the interviewer, im going to have to explain this person to whoever my boss/directors are, so they are a reflection of me.

not sure that helps, but  :thumbup:  Good luck to her and you.. stressful times,

Thanks guys,very useful and appreciated our end.She has spent ages going through the competences over the last week and all similar and want ing examples.Tonight's gem" think of a time when you have disagreed with a stakeholder" fairly foolish with someone with a cleaver.once again thanks.

Oz worked 20 years so will get a nice pay off if it is external so not too worried.

Whereabouts are you staying Finnegan?

Make sure you go to Cambrinus and if you like ribs then Ribs n Beer is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to.

Somewhere called Hotel Olympia, just outside the old town. About ten minutes walk from the centre.

The missus booked it for my birthday on the back of my In Bruges obsession. Bless her.

Hit me up with directions and I'll get my rib on!

Somewhere called Hotel Olympia, just outside the old town. About ten minutes walk from the centre.

The missus booked it for my birthday on the back of my In Bruges obsession. Bless her.

Hit me up with directions and I'll get my rib on!

Nice well Ribs n Beer is about a ten minute walk from the centre, so it would probably be best to go for a drink or two in the old town and then walk there when you are ready. You will have to book though and can do so online before you go, it is well worth it for a start the ribs are unlimited. It's best to google map a route from the centre.  http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g188671-d2294477-Reviews-Ribs_n_Beer-Bruges_West_Flanders_Province.html

On the way you should check this cool cellar bar out as it's in between the centre and Ribs n Beer. http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g188671-d5617649-Reviews-T_Poatersgat-Bruges_West_Flanders_Province.html

Also this guy wrote a good review  :ph34r:  http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g188671-d2294477-r161371476-Ribs_n_Beer-Bruges_West_Flanders_Province.html#REVIEWS

My meal from there

IMG_0747_zps722afaeb.jpg

:knock:

Edited by Unabomber

Guest MattP

Asked you in the footy forum but you didn't reply Spherical...

Got a pm saying you are actually Cliff Ginetta are you?