Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Guest MattP

Never saw it.

Someone's pulling your leg.

Was in the supporters club disappointed thread, no worries I assumed it was bollocks.

Guest MattP

Beers next season, en Mattp?

Absolutely me Alf Bentley and Rincewind had a drink towards the end of last season we said we would advertise an open meet for everyone early next year imagine a few would show up.

Just want to get people's ideas on this one,especially those who have either interviewed people for management jobs or have had this question, or anyones thoughts to help.

The wife holds a management role which is being cut nationally and has many job interviews lined up,however internal jobs at this level you can't just answer" I work well on my own or in a team" it's all" tell me a time......" And presentations.Now I used to do all of this political,corporate say what they want to hear stuff when I was in a similar role 10 years ago,but one-two question always crop up and we want to know if there is an answer that is near to the perfect reply.

What are your faults?

What could you improve on?

Now I know you can use personal examples,but anyone got any good ones you CAN use in an interview.She has two interviews Friday.

Cheers it is appreciated.

faults : -

• I don't suffer fools easily.
  • I don't enjoy working with company politicians
  • I don't like company socials, however, I appreciate their worth

Anyone who goes Hinckley/leicester to/from in rush hour is m69 or a47 better

Both as bad as each other.  I would probably go M69 though, or even consider A5 to Smockington Hollow & then head towards Sharnford/Narborough.

Hinckley Road (A47) is horrible & can be a crawl into Leicester as far back as Desford crossroads.  M69 is ok but a nightmare once you hit Fosse Park.

Anyone who goes Hinckley/leicester to/from in rush hour is m69 or a47 better

I would use the M69 to Leicester and if I was going to the centre I would use A563 to Hinckley Road at Braunstone then into town via King Richards Road avoiding the logjams around Fosse and on the Narborough Road.

I was drinking some Rochefort beer a while back. Only had the Rochefort 10 but I'm keen to try some of their others.

Or are you more after lagers?

Recommending rochefort to "not a beer man" lol - that stuff is lovely, but something of an acquired taste.

Checking in-online for a holiday how easy is it?

I'm going Greece on Sunday and can check in-online now. Just wondering how will I get my boarding pass, what do I do about my suitcases or shall I just check in like normal on Sunday?

Usually they'll email you your boarding pass to print off and then when you get to the airport you go in a quicker queue just to drop your bags off (rather than the queue to check-in and drop your bags off). It's pretty easy, just make sure you enter your passport details correctly and don't lose it between now and Sunday!

Usually they'll email you your boarding pass to print off and then when you get to the airport you go in a quicker queue just to drop your bags off (rather than the queue to check-in and drop your bags off). It's pretty easy, just make sure you enter your passport details correctly and don't lose it between now and Sunday!

Will they need my passport details again? I filled in the API information a couple of weeks ago.

Will they need my passport details again? I filled in the API information a couple of weeks ago.

Possibly. The API can be a request of the country you're travelling to rather than anything to do with check-in. I guess it depends how linked the systems are of the company you booked/are flying with! I can't remember the last time I had to fill out any advanced stuff beyond online check-in so I can't be sure.

Possibly. The API can be a request of the country you're travelling to rather than anything to do with check-in. I guess it depends how linked the systems are of the company you booked/are flying with! I can't remember the last time I had to fill out any advanced stuff beyond online check-in so I can't be sure.

Thanks. I'll have a look at it later on.

If you check in online you save time at the airport.  You can also pick your seats earlier, which probably saves you time getting off the plane at the other end.  Online check in is most useful though if you don't have carry on luggage.  Makes the whole journey much quicker then.

Edited by Jon the Hat