Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Do you need to put a car in gear if you park on a slope overnight? Somebody told me to put it in reverse if I face it downwards but I haven't yet cos it doesn't seem right. Can it damage the gears or anything? I used to do it on the old car but don't want to wear anything away on the new one if I can help it.

The slope is at least 30°.

Do you need to put a car in gear if you park on a slope overnight? Somebody told me to put it in reverse if I face it downwards but I haven't yet cos it doesn't seem right. Can it damage the gears or anything? I used to do it on the old car but don't want to wear anything away on the new one if I can help it.

Lots of people do leave their car in gear,I don't think it does any damage. It doesn't have to be in reverse.

Shouldn't matter surely? Unless it's on an icy road, the handbrake should be enough? Even as an addition, I've always been told to face the wheels towards the kerb cos if for some reason it does start to roll, hopefully with the wheels towards the kerb it doesn't roll too much.

Am I able to change the text size in FT. Had a quick look in settings but cannot see anything.

You can change the size you post in on the formatting box (please don't!) and you'll also be able to zoom in on your browser. Don't think you can change it on the site specifically though.

Speaking of online check in now by the way, it's ****ing excellent these days. The last 4 or 5 times I've been abroad now, I've absolutely flown through the airport. This last time I went with Easyjet, downloaded their app, you get the boarding passes on the app, can scan them direct off your phone. Same pass each time, no pissing about at all. Wonderful. Been years since I had any trouble getting through an airport.

Looks okay to me, Ken.

The size was a little big and everything wasn't displayed. Doing it now with the zoom. CTRL and + or Ctrl and -

Just needed a slightly bigger text for some posts and when its poor light. On my smaller laptop which is worse. Looks OK now.

Does the council have to house you? A little test. Answer as if you were without anywhere to go. Make any scenario up.

The real reason I posted this is I want the link on my new laptop and its in my baf for the morning. Its a good test We have been making up scenarios to see what would happen.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/downloads_and_tools/emergency_housing_rights_checker

if i can get internet in Scotland i will try and return Tuesday

Was always taught that leaving it in gear with the handbrake on and wheels pointed to curb (as someone else said) was the right way, they are just back ups in case the handbrake fails, though to be fair, im guessing its a little bit outdated nowadays... but if im driving a manual.. i still do it.

Does the council have to house you? A little test. Answer as if you were without anywhere to go. Make any scenario up.

The real reason I posted this is I want the link on my new laptop and its in my baf for the morning. Its a good test We have been making up scenarios to see what would happen.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advice/downloads_and_tools/emergency_housing_rights_checker

if i can get internet in Scotland i will try and return Tuesday

Ken, stop it, please. 

Has anyone got any experience working with employment agencies I signed up with one in city centre on friday and was just wondering how reliable they are at getting work for you they said to me they have a job for me in my area but have not contacted me so just getting a little worried.

It's a test. You should be hungry and ringing them every day asking if they've got work and be persistent. If you show them eagerness they'll put you forward for more suitable work.

Either that or they don't have any work, and are telling you fibs until something actually comes along.

Ah ok as you can probably tell not exactly experienced when it comes to to this sort of thing as always been able to find my own work but not had full tine work for nearly a year now and was getting desperate

If it's an agency with a good reputation, and they advertise jobs that are up your street, then be persistent, you show them you're keen, then they'll be keen on representing you and finding you work.

Does anybody use 3 as their mobile network?

If you do, what's the coverage like in the city centre and in Wigston if you live there?

Any problems? I need to upgrade my phone but not sure weather to leave O2 after many years. They have just upped their PAYG prices though so it's probably timeto go

Anyone know why my wifi keeps cutting out? Have a virgin media router, i'm practically directly above the router and it keeps cutting out every so often on my iPhone.

Mine does as well, have you tried turning it off at the plug and back on again?