Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I have found out that I can add an image to my poems on the site where they are stored. if I try it with Burger Love. Shall I

A) Post it in Phunny pictures for it to be critcised

B) post it in a new thread  for it to be criticised

C) post it in another thread for it to be crtiicised

D) Not post it at all and be criticised for asking a dumb question.

Ignore the above for now. i am trying to change my sig picture but being told it cannot recover the dimensions. I have retook with a smaller size on camera but still not right. i am unable to change from JPEG. I am fed up and going for a pint.

I can post it here but not in the settings.Even tried using this location.

Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image.

1623453_10152168083432003_73820504005390

Edited by Rincewind

Next door's burglar alarm been going off for ages now. Thankfully it's just stopped, but this backs up my point of when they sound nobody does anything. I was in a situation where, if it went on for another 15 minutes what am I supposed to do? I don't know where they are, I haven't got their phone number. Are you meant to phone the Police (or at least that 101 number)?

Next door's burglar alarm been going off for ages now. Thankfully it's just stopped, but this backs up my point of when they sound nobody does anything. I was in a situation where, if it went on for another 15 minutes what am I supposed to do? I don't know where they are, I haven't got their phone number. Are you meant to phone the Police (or at least that 101 number)?

I had this the other day, still no idea. Isn't it more of a deterrent than anything else? But if that's the case surely burglars must know that if nobody is home then 99% of the time nobody does anything about it.

I had this the other day, still no idea. Isn't it more of a deterrent than anything else? But if that's the case surely burglars must know that if nobody is home then 99% of the time nobody does anything about it.

I think it's supposed to be a deterrent but I've always questioned why nobody does anything when they go off. Myself included in that. Because it was my next door neighboor's that was going off earlier, all it was causing was me to get an headache.

I think it's supposed to be a deterrent but I've always questioned why nobody does anything when they go off. Myself included in that. Because it was my next door neighboor's that was going off earlier, all it was causing was me to get an headache.

It's not quite true that nobody does anything - when my neighbour's went off the other day I went round to see if anything obvious was amiss, but granted, the majority probably are ignored.

It must be a bit of a deterrent - you wouldn't get a discount off your home insurance if having one didn't make getting burgled less likely.  I'm looking at things very simplistically here, but I've known quite a few folk get burgled over the years, none of whom had a burglar alarm, and nobody I know with a burglar alarm has been robbed AS YET.

You think about it though, there are a lot of houses to burgle, so even if an alarm is only a minor deterrent, it's easy enough to find a house that hasn't got one so go for the easier option.  It doesn't guarantee you don't get burgled, it just makes someone else's house slightly more appealing.  

If taking precautions isn't your thing you could be like my mate, who's attitude to home security is so lax that he goes down the shop etc, leaving all his doors and windows wide open.  It's so ridiculous that potential burglars must assume that someone's in.  He's never been burgled, thus proving this strategy is entirely sound

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

It's not quite true that nobody does anything - when my neighbour's went off the other day I went round to see if anything obvious was amiss,

There have been times when I've thought about doing that but I'm put off by the fact that if I'm looking around the back when the police turn up I'm the 1 who's going to look guilty.

I bought ab lcfc football shirt about a week ago and I've worn it one i was just wondering if i could take it to the store and get my name put on the back even though ive already worn it?

Yeah. They don't have to be brand new to have printing on.

Edited by Fox92

It's not quite true that nobody does anything - when my neighbour's went off the other day I went round to see if anything obvious was amiss, but granted, the majority probably are ignored.

It must be a bit of a deterrent - you wouldn't get a discount off your home insurance if having one didn't make getting burgled less likely.  I'm looking at things very simplistically here, but I've known quite a few folk get burgled over the years, none of whom had a burglar alarm, and nobody I know with a burglar alarm has been robbed AS YET.

You think about it though, there are a lot of houses to burgle, so even if an alarm is only a minor deterrent, it's easy enough to find a house that hasn't got one so go for the easier option.  It doesn't guarantee you don't get burgled, it just makes someone else's house slightly more appealing.  

If taking precautions isn't your thing you could be like my mate, who's attitude to home security is so lax that he goes down the shop etc, leaving all his doors and windows wide open.  It's so ridiculous that potential burglars must assume that someone's in.  He's never been burgled, thus proving this strategy is entirely sound

Most alarms are hooked up to the phone lines, when my parents alarm goes off it calls their mobiles, if they don't respond and answer the phone and enter the correct code, then it calls their friends down the street, so they go and check, and my parents do the same for them. 

Other alarms will notify the police automatically, but they are more expensive.

I don't know if your street has a neighbourhood watch scheme, but if so it is worth going along, find out how the alarms are set-up and get each other's mobile numbers.

Edited by Captain...