Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Been told by a few people now the UK is very expensive for everything.

Try going to Scandinavia we are dirt cheap by comparison.

Really it depends on how smart you shop, with plenty of budget alternatives retailers make money out of exploiting people's desire to appear better off than they are and market themselves as such. Waitrose being one example people shop their despite or even because it has a reputation for being expensive. Then you have people that refuse to go to primark because it is cheap. Weird.

Why is the UK so expensive compared to other countries?

Do we just have more money or are we just ripped off cause we will pay?

Housing is very expensive here because culturally we have an obsession with buying and now that's morphed into an obsession with "investing" in property. If we treated our houses as a place to live rather than an opportunity to make money then prices would be more stable. Estate agents just add fuel to the fire.

Day to day living in the UK is comparable to most other countries for many things.

• Like 3

Theft. Taking something

Robbery. forcing someone to give you something

Burglary. Breaking in to secure premises and stealing

My guesses

Theft: "The dishonest appropriation of another persons property with the intent of permanently depriving him of it"

Burglary: "The illegal entry of a building with intent to commit a crime, especially theft"

Robbery: "robbery is theft where immediately before or at the time of doing so and in order to do so, a person uses force or the threat of force, or seeks to put any person in fear of there and then being subjected to force."

The three things that have really stuck in mind from my brief career as a Police Cadet

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

Housing is very expensive here because culturally we have an obsession with buying and now that's morphed into an obsession with "investing" in property. If we treated our houses as a place to live rather than an opportunity to make money then prices would be more stable. Estate agents just add fuel to the fire.

Day to day living in the UK is comparable to most other countries for many things.

I saw a recent report that suggests the whole 'rip off britain' is mainly a myth, there will always be certain services and goods that are expensive but taking into consideration salaries, properties, food, rent etc...britain was less expensive than Japan, Australia, USA, France and others.  I guess the bottom line is that some goods and services will be more expensive in Britain other's will be cheaper, which is a boring but accurate answer.

Theft. Taking something

Robbery. forcing someone to give you something

Burglary. Breaking in to secure premises and stealing

My guesses

That is basically correct.

I managed to catch a few thieves. The last one was a very pretty young lady, very petite, who I caught in the process of selling a laptop computer. She had a record as long as your arm, and was known to carry, and use knives. Butter wouldn't have melted in her mouth. She also came from a very good home, but said she loved the thrill of being "a bad girl".

Funny old world we live in.

That is basically correct.

I managed to catch a few thieves. The last one was a very pretty young lady, very petite, who I caught in the process of selling a laptop computer. She had a record as long as your arm, and was known to carry, and use knives. Butter wouldn't have melted in her mouth. She also came from a very good home, but said she loved the thrill of being "a bad girl".

Funny old world we live in.

Not Chef n Spice.

If you're doing Narborough Road then do Dhakar Dheli. It's nice, it's clean, it's tasty.

Yeah I just saw it was some poverty buffet shit so that is a no go now. I just want a good Indian place that will cook me a very hot dish.