Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Going to an open/recruitment day tomorrow. Recommended by my lecturer but I thought I'd go and see what's happening anyway. Not sure what to wear though? Smart? Casual (that term!)? A bit of both? 

I hate these things because I always feel like I'm going to be going either too smart or not smart enough. I know for a fact everyone else will be thinking the same though. 

Edited by Fox92

Going to an open/recruitment day tomorrow. Recommended by my lecturer but I thought I'd go and see what's happening anyway. Not sure what to wear though? Smart? Casual (that term!)? A bit of both? 

I hate these things because I always feel like I'm going to be going either too smart or not smart enough. I know for a fact everyone else will be thinking the same though. 

I'd go with suit trousers and nice plain shirt with no tie. Make sure the trousers are dark wool, flat fronted (assuming you are slim), you have a belt on. The shirt should be plain, preferably blue, with a spread collar. If you don't have one, nip down to TM Lewin and pick one up. Make it a slim fit with french cuffs. Polish your shoes. They should be black toecaps.

That way you look like you made an effort, but it is also casual enough that you don't look like you are trying too hard.

Even though we'd prefer it if they weren't, first impressions are key.

And forget what everyone else is doing. You are there to get a career. Be confident in your capabilities and you'll be fine.

Edited by BaltimoreBlue
  • Like 1

Yeah but taxi drivers are berks and will prob make me late.

I should imagine it'll depend on the time of day that you'll be travelling. If it's midday, just double the journey time for safety. If it's rush hour then give yourself 20-30mins.

EDIT: I hadn't realised you were on route! doh!

Edited by sphericalfox

So here's a question for y'all....

I did some howebrew wine from one of these do-yer-own kits with sachets and what not.

Obviously, being a bit of a nob, I've thrown in all sorts with it... cherries, blackberries, yadda yadda.

Anyway, you're meant to leave it 7 days before you start your siphoning, adding finings, re-siphoning, etc and bottling.

It's been 9 weeks now. Has my wine gone bad (it would have been bad anyway) or is it just about 70% proof now?

Cheers and all that.

Yureverluvin,

TPH

I did some howebrew wine from one of these do-yer-own kits with sachets and what not.

Obviously, being a bit of a nob, I've thrown in all sorts with it... cherries, blackberries, yadda yadda.

Anyway, you're meant to leave it 7 days before you start your siphoning, adding finings, re-siphoning, etc and bottling.

It's been 9 weeks now. Has my wine gone bad (it would have been bad anyway) or is it just about 70% proof now?

Cheers and all that.

Yureverluvin,

TPH

As I remember you'll need a hydrometer to measure the specific gravity of the wine. This page has some info on the readings etc. http://www.grapestompers.com/articles/hydrometer_use.htm

Ps it shouldn't go bad as long as you don't let any air get to the wine.

Edited by Smudge

Cheers and all that.

Yureverluvin,

TPH

Would have thought you'd be able to tell if it had gone off. It won't go above a certain alcoholic content without distillation. (I've never made wine).