Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Anyone ever been K.O.d?

Just spent 3 days in hospital with a fractured eye socket, which needed surgery. I somehow fell going into the downstairs loo, and presumably hit my head on the basin, waking up in hospital some hours later, with a two inch gash across the right eye.

Some of you guys must have had it happen, and just wondered how it happened to you?

Sorry to hear that DT, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Question for all the God believers in here.. 

I know you all believe in Jesus and what not, that is fair enough, nothing wrong with that. My question is, if Jesus apparently died/crucified on the Good Friday and was resurrected on Easter Sunday.. How come the Easter Holidays change every year in date? Surely if you were celebrating the anniversary of someones resurrection it would be on the same date every year?

Another one, how young can you be to die of old age? 

• Like 1

I think everyone has a different definition as to what "old age" is. 

For me, I see 70+ as old. 

But then again, you can have those young 70 year olds, but those old 60 year olds. I suppose it's how someone looks after themselves when they get to that age.

Question for all the God believers in here.. 

I know you all believe in Jesus and what not, that is fair enough, nothing wrong with that. My question is, if Jesus apparently died/crucified on the Good Friday and was resurrected on Easter Sunday.. How come the Easter Holidays change every year in date? Surely if you were celebrating the anniversary of someones resurrection it would be on the same date every year?

Answer from a god doubter; It's because Jesus was crucified around the same time as the Jewish Passover which is celebrated at some time to do with the phases of the moon. (Something like that anyway).

• Like 1

Answer from a god doubter; It's because Jesus was crucified around the same time as the Jewish Passover which is celebrated at some time to do with the phases of the moon. (Something like that anyway).

Pretty much what Webbo said:

" the date for Easter is determined on a lunisolar calendar similar to the Hebrew calendar. The First Council of Nicaea (325) established the date of Easter as the first Sunday after the full moon (the Paschal Full Moon) following the March equinox."

Edited by Buce