Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Anyone ever been K.O.d?

Just spent 3 days in hospital with a fractured eye socket, which needed surgery. I somehow fell going into the downstairs loo, and presumably hit my head on the basin, waking up in hospital some hours later, with a two inch gash across the right eye.

Some of you guys must have had it happen, and just wondered how it happened to you?

I tripped backwards over a kids bike wheel and hit the back of my head on the corner of a trailer, knocked me out for about 20 secons though, had to have glue in my head instead of stitches still left a scar though, Hope you get better soon

It'll be credited towards your next bill

I got it. Your income has to be below a certain amount or over a certain age. Its  a scheme some of the energy companies have signed up to. It is credited to your bill to cover usage in the Winter months when the weather is colder.

Back in spring my energy supplier estimated my usage at about 50% more than it had been measured at in the same period last year, so I sent in a metre reading and that generated a credit. I'm sure they gave me the option to have it refunded by cheque, but I just left it on there to be taken off my next bill.

What would a 40mph moterway speed camera be set at?? Is it 43??

I was told at one of them speed awareness things that the general rule in most places is the speed limit plus 10%, plus 2mph, so going by that it'd be 46mph.

I got done on The A5 entering a temporary 40mph restriction (was 50mph last time I used that stretch). I was doing 47. I checked and discovered that had I been doing 46 I wouldn't have triggered the camera.

Be aware of average speed cameras though. They can take an average speed between any two cameras, not just the ones at the start and end of the restriction.

Guest MattP

Say if you go out for a meal at a good place and the tasting menu is £85 and they offer a wine flight for £95 or £132 is that price on top of the price for the food?

Depends how big the flight it, it's usually a couple of glasses each when you are on a tasting menu so I'd expect that's just in additon to your food unless you are getting some really good wine. It was about a £50 extra supplement from what I remember at the Fat Duck a couple of years ago.

P.S Did I bump into you on Sat in Soar Point? Have a vague memory but I was fairly out of it already.

Edited by MattP

Depends how big the flight it, it's usually a couple of glasses each when you are on a tasting menu so I'd expect that's just in additon to your food unless you are getting some really good wine. It was about a £50 extra supplement from what I remember at the Fat Duck a couple of years ago.

P.S Did I bump into you on Sat in Soar Point? Have a vague memory but I was fairly out of it already.

Yeah it doesn't say how big it is etc so I'm not sure, if it is £95 including food then it is only an extra tenner which seems a bit cheap. But if it is £85 and then £95 for wine then that will be swerved. 

Yeah you did, didn't chat for long though as you were playing doubles.

Guest MattP

Wtf is a wine flight?

Used to be a term for a wine tasting course (were still called them in New Zealand last year) and I've heard used for the accompaniment of different wines to a table served up with a tasting course or meal.

Edited by MattP