Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Where is the best meal you have had in England?

I had an outstanding ham and mushroom pizza at Zizzi's at Finchley Road in 2012. That will take some beating.

In the over £10 category, Galvin at Windows is worth a look - it's on the 30th floor or something of the Hilton on Park Lane and you overlook Hyde Park and half of London.

I went to Zuma once with work - from what I remember of that it was pretty good. It's sister restaurant Roka, on Charlotte Street is good, and the Roka in Canary Wharf used to do all you can eat and drink for £70 or something on Saturdays - no idea if they still do that.

/MattP

Guest MattP

I've been a couple of times but don't get the fuss. I far prefer Gaucho.

I've done Gaucho twice and been very disappointed.

Goodmans in Mayfair is a fantastic steak restaurant.

I've lost my blower, completely no idea where it is (apart from that it's in my house). Spent the morning removing furniture and getting wound up - question: I'll probably order a replacement SIM, can anyone recommend me a decent site for cheap but decent phones to be bought outright?

Second hand not an issue.

I've lost my blower, completely no idea where it is (apart from that it's in my house). Spent the morning removing furniture and getting wound up - question: I'll probably order a replacement SIM, can anyone recommend me a decent site for cheap but decent phones to be bought outright?

Second hand not an issue.

You didn't say if you'd tried ringing it using another phone Edited by Smudge

Grew my beard for a week. Thought I'd see what the fuss is about.

Don't understand why people get so proud of their beards, will be coming off in time for work tomorrow.

I suspect people growing those huge beards have done so for more than a week and got more accustomed to it as time went on. Or they're just lazy fvcks lol .

what's the best way to clean windows without getting those annoying streaks?

I use a proprietry glass cleaninig spray to do initial cleaning then polish with dry kitchen paper towels. Works pretty well. My wife says newspaper works better...

• Like 1

There's that 50mph bit that has average speed cameras.

I stuck to 50mph all the way through that bit tbf.

It just seems stupid that when you're on the motorway at night and there are no cars anywhere near you that you are still limited to 70mph. For me at off peak times it should be 80mph, then after midnight somewhere between 100-120mph.

Yeah gave that a go as standard, think it's just a case of waiting for the alarm to go off on it tomorrow morning and having a dig around.

Won't you be asleep?

what's the best way to clean windows without getting those annoying streaks?

Elbow grease