Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Worked a treat! Downside is that, after swigging a bit during cleaning (it was thirsty work), I am now blind and can't enjoy my super clear windows.

You should have mixed it with a bit of slimline tonic so you didn't look so chavvy.

Paella is beaut, its a long time since I've made it. I'll see if I can find the recipe, when do you need it for?

I'm making one tomorrow. All the recipes I have seen differ, I think I am going to put chicken, prawns, chorizo and mussels in it though.

Edited by Unabomber

My girlfriend recieved a threat from her mobile phone company saying that they'll be billing her £70 for a signal box they sent to her last year (as she recieved no signal where she was living at Uni); she returned the box in the post over the summer but has no proof of post. I remember the legal postal rules from Uni, but they're more related to offer and acceptance. Any idea what she should do here?

I use a proprietry glass cleaninig spray to do initial cleaning then polish with dry kitchen paper towels. Works pretty well. My wife says newspaper works better...

Cheers. Did the newspaper jobby and it worked ok, will try vinegar next time for that chip-shop finish....

Pleased this worked OK.

I find the Daily Mail the best for smears...

It's my brother's 60th Friday and I am stuck about what to get him. I was thinking of a yard of ale glass but no idea where to buy one in Leicester. Not too worried about price (unless it's a ridiculous one) but other than that can't think of anything.

It's my brother's 60th Friday and I am stuck about what to get him. I was thinking of a yard of ale glass but no idea where to buy one in Leicester. Not too worried about price (unless it's a ridiculous one) but other than that can't think of anything.

Is he a shaver Rincey?

Get him a DE shaving kit!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edwin-Jagger-DE89L-Detail-Chrome/dp/B005GO38ZY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1413805869&sr=8-7&keywords=de+shaving+blades

Plastic 1 here for £14.00 http://www.nobleexpress.co.uk/plastic-yard-of-ale-with-lid-48oz-2-4-pint?kpid=AG192&gclid=CKv4y9aYu8ECFenHtAodthkAog#.VET6vfldXgg

Glass 1 for £54.00 http://www.nobleexpress.co.uk/handmade-yard-of-ale-glass?kpid=GA042&gclid=CK6Ipf6Yu8ECFSYGwwodBDIAbA#.VET7EPldXgg

Looks good but wrong location and they dont despatch for 3 days. Will be too late.

Looked on the argos and homebase site cant see anything yet some compare site listed homebase and google search has argos selling them

Looks good but wrong location and they dont despatch for 3 days. Will be too late.

Looked on the argos and homebase site cant see anything yet some compare site listed homebase and google search has argos selling them

Left it a bit late Ken.

http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/product.asp?ID=126&catID=347&name=Yard+of+Ale+Glass&reviews=all

handmade glass:-

£44 including next day delivery.

Edited by purpleronnie

Not bad. Also looking at the boot glasses. Looked at the reviews most are good. One was delayed which was for a friends 21st another was broken but overall most was pleased. They said the couriers can have large stocks to deliver which can cause a delay Both that one and the broken one were money or item resent.. More than I would normally pay but it is a special birthday 60th (I assume it is as a surprise party has  been arranged) Too late to check in town now today. I'll ask the landlord in the pub and if no joy i may order tonight.

Only thing is my doorbell doesn't work and i may miss the delivery. Will see if the driver can ring me. Stick a note on the door or something.

Someone ordered 72 of them for a pub in Canada and they all arrived unbroken. £23 extra with a stand £67

Will have to think about it.

Edited by Rincewind

Looking to buy a new house off plan from a small independent builder.Now,the problem is this builder took over from his father and is new to the game.He is having one of the 3 being built.They are a lot of money ( for me) 400k but getting 2500sq ft of house.My concerns are

1/ He goes bust

2/He builds his own with my deposit and goes bust

3/He builds mine and no others and I'm on a building site for years

Alarm bells rang when he wanted us to have a self build mortgage,which basically means he can't get the funds,this may well be because he is new to the game.

Anyone with experience solicitor/ previous experience/ builder.

Was thinking about buying the land and plans and if he goes belly up half way through I could get someone else to finish and still own the land.obviously I need to speak to the builder and a solicitor but want to know if anyone else has had dealings.An estate agent I spoke to said that was a lot of house for the money in our area,which worried me a bit,although he might just want a profit to build his mortgage free.