Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Ordered a plastic yard of ale in the end. Mainly because of the durability and not breakable. my brother has a lively dog and it could also be easily broken when washing. The delivery was by DPD and I was able to keep track of it. Even up to saying who the driver was and a map to show where he was. Last one was 15 minutes and delivering 16 of 19. Delivery time 11.34-12.34 and it came 11.36. So a good service. Not opened it. I'll give it my brother it as it is as it is wrapped well.

Is it inflatable?

Might as well have delivered it directly to him.

Is it inflatable?

no

Might as well have delivered it directly to him.

birthday friday

Make sure you enclose the receipt too.

took it out

Thank you

Edited by Rincewind
  • Like 2

How many times is it acceptable to say "Sorry, can you say that again?" before you both accept that you can't understand what they're saying. Took a homeless fella 5 times before I realised he was asking where the city center is. Skoll super strong, being scottish and homeless are a difficult combination to understand. 

I was going to give it 5 then walk off, so was glad I could finally decipher his gurgles just in time.

How many times is it acceptable to say "Sorry, can you say that again?" before you both accept that you can't understand what they're saying. Took a homeless fella 5 times before I realised he was asking where the city center is. Skoll super strong, being scottish and homeless are a difficult combination to understand.

I was going to give it 5 then walk off, so was glad I could finally decipher his gurgles just in time.

So, a drunken Scot with a home would have been easier to understand? Do landlords/mortgage providers give elecution lessons as part of the package? Edited by Buce

So, a drunken Scot with a home would have been easier to understand? Do landlords/mortgage providers give elecution lessons as part of the package?

I just think he'd given up on talking, he doesn't have a house so doesn't talk to people or even pets as much he probably would with a house.

To be fair, the main contributing factor was the fact he was Scottish, followed by drink and then homelessness. All 3 were definitely at play though.

I just think he'd given up on talking, he doesn't have a house so doesn't talk to people or even pets as much he probably would with a house.

To be fair, the main contributing factor was the fact he was Scottish, followed by drink and then homelessness. All 3 were definitely at play though.

Playing Devils advocate but could he have also/or had mental issues? That is one thing that would not be apparent? One of the factors leading to homelessness is mental problems.

Playing Devils advocate but could he have also/or had mental issues? That is one thing that would not be apparent? One of the factors leading to homelessness is mental problems.

Always happy to bring another reason into the mix, to be honest I was devastated I couldn't give the bloke a fag, clearly down on his luck. Gave him a cheeky 50p as that was the going rate for a cig when I was in school.

• Like 2

That Rincewind post is like some brilliantly surreal free-verse masterpiece.

Thank you. Nice to be appreciated for using common sense.

Always happy to bring another reason into the mix, to be honest I was devastated I couldn't give the bloke a fag, clearly down on his luck. Gave him a cheeky 50p as that was the going rate for a cig when I was in school.

Thanks.

I think three is the accepted amount for saying 'pardon?' or asking someone to repeat something. After that you just nod or go 'mmmmm' and walk away.