Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I think three is the accepted amount for saying 'pardon?' or asking someone to repeat something. After that you just nod or go 'mmmmm' and walk away.

I think you're right, by the third time though I felt like I'd invested so much time I owed it to the situation to keep plugging away.

Had I managed to get my earphones in I could have completely ignored him. 

All papers reflect the prejudices of their owners and sponsors, no different to any other paper.

Well obviously. Anyone with enough money can start a paper, you can't make anyone read/buy it though. You have to appeal to your readership.

All intelligent people have an opinion, including reporters. You'll have to make your own mind up whose truth is closest to your own.

Hope that doesn't sound to pretentious?

Edited by Webbo

I like reading the Independent as it reminds me there are still people that care about stuff nobody else gives a shit about.

WW3 breaks out....

Independent front page: WW3 - Gay Community in Endangered Ecuadorean Forest May Be Affected

I like reading the Independent as it reminds me there are still people that care about stuff nobody else gives a shit about.

WW3 breaks out....

Independent front page: WW3 - Gay Community in Endangered Ecuadorean Forest May Be Affected

Shit I'm going to an Ecuadorian forest

Asked this over on the computer section, but to no avail.

Anybody have a home network? If so, pros and cons.

And by network I mean a harddrive plugged through your router, or cloud storage etc.

I don't have my external harddrive connected to a modem but to my main desktop computer. I would imagine that direct access would provide easier access but not by much. You'd have to give it sharing privileges etc but that's required in any event. I suppose that being immediately open to the Internet, there may be some security issues that you might not have if the main computer is password protected.

If you have a PC and someone has a Mac then there may be some issues in reading the files.

Sorry I can't be be more helpful.

I don't have my external harddrive connected to a modem but to my main desktop computer. I would imagine that direct access would provide easier access but not by much. You'd have to give it sharing privileges etc but that's required in any event. I suppose that being immediately open to the Internet, there may be some security issues that you might not have if the main computer is password protected.

If you have a PC and someone has a Mac then there may be some issues in reading the files.

Sorry I can't be be more helpful.

Well I've found a 3Tb unit for a fair price, and it auto backs up to a cloud, it's accessible by pc, laptop, mac, and phone, it's wireless and through the router with inbuilt security as you would with a work network/shared drive, but I'd like to hear if anyone has any issues etc.

Well I've found a 3Tb unit for a fair price, and it auto backs up to a cloud, it's accessible by pc, laptop, mac, and phone, it's wireless and through the router with inbuilt security as you would with a work network/shared drive, but I'd like to hear if anyone has any issues etc.

well you might want to check out the cost of storage, iCloud goes up to 1tb at £14.99 per month.

Does an independent news source exist or is it mythical?

If it's for-profit you're probably fvcked.

Sadly, a lot of the time if it's not for profit and genuinely independent, it tends to read like the mad scribblings of Empty.

Your best bet is probably to pick a fairly centreist news source and remember to read even that with a bit of skepticism and an open mind.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Blokes on this forum who have children, did you always want to have them some day, or did you change your mind as you get older?

I think you are almost expected to have children one day, and at 21, I can't think of anything I'd rather do less to be honest!

Im 28 wth 2 kids daughter aged 8 and son aged 10 months.

Quick bit of maths would tell you i was 20 when me and the wife had 1st child. As you can imagine our daughter wasnt exactly planned. Wife was on the pill and early 2006 she had a chest infection which she was given antibiotics. Doctor failed to mention that the antibiotics would cancel out the effects of the pill. Had sex once whilst she was on antibiotics and BAM preggers.

Wife didnt want an abortion and at first i was unsure of what i wanted but soon came round to the idea of becoming a dad.

Now to answer your question i had never thought of having kids until all of a sudden we were expecting and i can safely say its one of the greatest things anybody can achieve in their lifetime. My daughter is an absolute diamond and couldnt wish for a better princess. That being said though the one thing me and the wife have never done is go on holiday just the 2 of us. To have had years of the 2 of us going places and going out never really happened as we had been together 14 months when she fell pregnant.

We decided to go for a 2nd child as our daughter was already 6 at the time and we didnt want an enormous gap between our first and second child. She came off the pill and at the first time of asking BAM preggers. (so much for months of shagging :thumbdown: )

Ultimately we have gone down the route of getting the kids done early so when we are older we can enjoy our lives together. (i will be 46 when my son is 18) Having one of each is great as we are quite happy to stick with the 2.

I think if you had asked me at 20 yrs old before my wife fell pregnant if i wanted kids i think my answer would have been 'yes, someday' but i can fully understand why somebody at your age may not want kids. I know a few people in there 40s/50s with no kids and love life not having that responcibility. If i were you i wouldnt think about it. You could meet the girl of your dreams tonight and fall for her and in an instant could change your views on having kids.

At 21 though mate just enjoy life and whilst you havent got kids go on as many lads weekends and lads holidays as you can :thumbup:

• Like 2