Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

So I just knocked on upstairs neighbours door for second time in two weeks as I can hear nothing but his bass.

The noise stopped but he didn't answer his door. Maybe a bit rude but okay.

But I'm really confused by an orange / yellow light coming through the spyhole on his front door. Wtf is that? Ideas?

Sounds like he's growing cannabis in his flat. That will probably explain why he turned the music off but didn't answer the door to you as he didn't want you to see it.

Yeah uni of. John Moore's or whatever it's called looks a right dive.

nice, what you doing? is it your first choice?

yeah john moores is your classic shit uni, not great for education i don't think, boss for sport though. all the students often mix into one, they share freshers nights and share "karnage" and student events and all that so if you want a quick retard to try and get on you'll have john moores sluts all over you once you say you actually have enough brain cells to get to liverpool uni :D 

most my mates go to john moores but that's because most of them are the type who didn't know what to do after sixth form/college and jmu give everyone an offer for anything you want, most got in with Cs and Ds so just thought may as well. i don't think many people choose to go to jmu, just end up there lol

nice, what you doing? is it your first choice?

yeah john moores is your classic shit uni, not great for education i don't think, boss for sport though. all the students often mix into one, they share freshers nights and share "karnage" and student events and all that so if you want a quick retard to try and get on you'll have john moores sluts all over you once you say you actually have enough brain cells to get to liverpool uni :D

most my mates go to john moores but that's because most of them are the type who didn't know what to do after sixth form/college and jmu give everyone an offer for anything you want, most got in with Cs and Ds so just thought may as well. i don't think many people choose to go to jmu, just end up there lol.

Business management, it's my second choice behind Manchester. Had a look at the accommodation and it looks decent plus theres a bar within the actual building where all your rooms are, only negative is theres one shower per about 8 people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Business management, it's my second choice behind Manchester. Had a look at the accommodation and it looks decent plus theres a bar within the actual building where all your rooms are, only negative is theres one shower per about 8 people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweet two good choices, manchester's a boss city as is here.

yeah the liv uni accommodation is mostly around allerton road (i think), like our version of queens road sort of, loads of bars, pubs, cafes that serve decent hangover food etc outside the "student village" too. student heaven i'd imagine. buses into uni/town for free i think, too.

can't tell you about manchester but don't imagine there's many a student in liverpool uni who doesn't love it, seems pretty ideal in every way. 

good luck with whatever you choose/wanna pick anyway, hope you get all your offers an that  :pearson:

sweet two good choices, manchester's a boss city as is here.

yeah the liv uni accommodation is mostly around allerton road (i think), like our version of queens road sort of, loads of bars, pubs, cafes that serve decent hangover food etc outside the "student village" too. student heaven i'd imagine. buses into uni/town for free i think, too.

can't tell you about manchester but don't imagine there's many a student in liverpool uni who doesn't love it, seems pretty ideal in every way.

good luck with whatever you choose/wanna pick anyway, hope you get all your offers an that :pearson:

cheers, and yeah ive seen allerton road looks a good place to be. I've had offers from everyone apart from liverpool atm.

Guest Kopfkino

Has anyone heard back from Liverpool university yet on their offers? Couldn't find the Uni thread.

Look on the Liverpool uni section of the student room

The girl on the till at nuremberg duty free reckons she wasn't allowed to sell fags (one carton, personal use) to us as we were flying to London (Stansted) - any theories why?

I've had a good Google but I can't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to as per normal EU rules.

Ofc, the girl could just have been an idiot.

The girl on the till at nuremberg duty free reckons she wasn't allowed to sell fags (one carton, personal use) to us as we were flying to London (Stansted) - any theories why?

I've had a good Google but I can't see any reason why we wouldn't be able to as per normal EU rules.

Ofc, the girl could just have been an idiot.

Cos we're not in Schengen?

No evidence except an unreliable witness. What makes you assume he "got off" with it as opposed to being innocent?

Now I'm not going to say he 'got off' or anything, but I find it strange he didn't have to stand in the witness box and face questioning, don't you?

Now I'm not going to say he 'got off' or anything, but I find it strange he didn't have to stand in the witness box and face questioning, don't you?

No?

Did I misread the story? I thought the judge threw it out saying the prosecution don't have strong enough a case? In which instance, why should he have to face questioning?

I'm not stating whether or not I think he's guilty, I actually didn't follow this closely when it first came out. But if the evidence against him is crap, why should he be dragged through a hearing?

No evidence except an unreliable witness. What makes you assume he "got off" with it as opposed to being innocent?

You being serious? Can't be many blokes in the World who have handed a bagful of money in a hotel room to their wife's killer the day before the event and not had to at least answer a few questions about it.

It's shown up South Africa to the World, people aren't getting fair trials because of the incompetence of the state, it seems easier to try and get yourself off on a technicality than to actually defend yourself against the charge.

Edited by MattP

But if the police and prosecution can't put a strong enough case together, a judge can't force a trial and make exception based on preconceptions about the case or the legal system still loses credibility.

If it's that clear cut then I'd agree that it shows up the police and state prosecutors in South Africa, especially so soon after what seems like a very soft verdict in the Pistorius case due to a lazy investigation and insufficient evidence. Definitely.

But I'm not sure you can blame either judge. Not that you necessarily were, apologies if I'm putting words in your mouth.