Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

don't think I could do without one now I've had one a year though. And although it's only about 4 or 5 miles to work its two buses there and back (£5 day pass 5 days a week you're looking at £100 a month just to get the bus to work!) so if I can get a car for that even if I literally just drive it to work it's the same price and its so much easier.

Then of course there's other journeys which it'll help with, although most of what I do bar work involves getting drunk so it doesn't make much of an appearance at social events lol.

I also think if I had a car I could trust more and enjoy driving more I'd drive it further. Would take it down leics for a few home games an stuff if I knew it wasn't going to blow up or fall apart before I got home :D

Anyone else occasionally have a 'flicking' nerve in their eyelid? Had it about 3 weeks ago for a day or 2, it went away, but today it's back again. It's driving me mad. :angry: 

Anyone else occasionally have a 'flicking' nerve in their eyelid? Had it about 3 weeks ago for a day or 2, it went away, but today it's back again. It's driving me mad. :angry:

Sign of exhaustion apparently! I get it quite a bit! Really annoying but gives you a greater appreciation for those with tourettes!

Thanks for the replies. I'm full of cold at the moment and have painful ears, sinuses, glands, etc and haven't slept at all well for the last 2 nights so it makes sense that's it's linked to tiredness and stress.

I should drink less coffee, but fear giving it up would turn me into a complete nutjob. Interesting theory though, MB, I'll have to give it a go sometime. :cool: 

i want to buy a new car. i want to pay not very much a month. i drive to work and back (about 10 mile round trip a day) and to and from mates houses an the shop an shit. i barely travel on motorways or long distances. i currently drive a T reg toyota corolla with a dent in the side (my fault), a back windscreen wiper that doesn't work properly and none of the electrics in the car (heater, radio) work properly. if i drove one of them cars you had when you were a kid that you stood in and pushed it'd probably be more enjoyable. 

what car should i buy and how much should i pay? someone help me thanks. 

I'd buy something cheap that you actually enjoy being inside. Lots of older cars around for <£1000.

Apologies if there is a thread already ..

Anyone know of witch is the most decent desktop speakers? 

If you're just looking for something cheap/basic Logitech are always a decent option.

Yeah like others have said, I get it when I'm tired and/or stressed.

I'd buy something cheap that you actually enjoy being inside. Lots of older cars around for <£1000.

I get the feeling he wants something easy to own. Any decent car that's less than a grand is going to be 10-15 years old at least, even if they've been looked after things start to break at that age.

Sometimes, I also occasionally get it in the knee.

Another question: Heating oil tanks...

I'm moving to a new house. The oil tank (Triton, I think) is a 2500l horizontal cylinder. If doesn't appear to have any gauge or method of reading how much oil is in it - or am I missing something obvious? Previous oil tanks I've had have had a clear tube down the side with a float line which made it easy but this one has me stumped. It has a sonic 'Watchman' reader fitted but the display unit indoors isn't showing any reading (not that it's empty, just no display) but my past experience of these sonic readers is that they always seem temperamental.

Any suggestions for how I read how much oil is in it? Any gadgets I've not come across? Or should I just get a long cane and 'dip-stick' it? Problem is as the tank is clearly narrower at the top and bottom than it is at its widest point it's obviously not as simple as 'well it's a quarter full so it must have 625l in it.' :dunno: 

Another question: Heating oil tanks...

I'm moving to a new house. The oil tank (Triton, I think) is a 2500l horizontal cylinder. If doesn't appear to have any gauge or method of reading how much oil is in it - or am I missing something obvious? Previous oil tanks I've had have had a clear tube down the side with a float line which made it easy but this one has me stumped. It has a sonic 'Watchman' reader fitted but the display unit indoors isn't showing any reading (not that it's empty, just no display) but my past experience of these sonic readers is that they always seem temperamental.

Any suggestions for how I read how much oil is in it? Any gadgets I've not come across? Or should I just get a long cane and 'dip-stick' it? Problem is as the tank is clearly narrower at the top and bottom than it is at its widest point it's obviously not as simple as 'well it's a quarter full so it must have 625l in it.' :dunno:

Not that I know much about them but I watched this installation video and maybe the transmitter and receiver need resetting. It looks like you can unscrew the transmitter and place it against the receiver while plugged in. At least that way you can check if dip switches are set properly and see if the two are communicating.

Not that I know much about them but I watched this installation video and maybe the transmitter and receiver need resetting. It looks like you can unscrew the transmitter and place it against the receiver while plugged in. At least that way you can check if dip switches are set properly and see if the two are communicating.

Ok, I'll watch that and give it a go. Thanks. :)

What is wrong with GC? All the threads are showing unread and when I click next unread it goes to the first page of unread.

The forum is a bit overwhelmed with the news. It'll be back to normal when it calms down a bit.