Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

He says, providing a link that doesn't actually answer the poster's question :D

They sell Kenyan football shirts, do they not?

As do a number of other sites I couldn't be bothered to link.

Edited by Buce

Why aren't senior discounts means tested?

It pissed me off massively how rich retired baby boomers get a variety of things free or discounted, whilst a 19 year old on minimum wage has to pay. Examples include prescriptions and eye tests, through to things like public transport and football tickets.

The whole 'we've paid taxes all our lives so deserve free stuff now' argument doesn't wash either. Young people who are paying taxes now will be lucky to get a pension let alone the discounts old people enjoy today.

Edited by DennisNedry

It pissed me off massively how rich retired baby boomers get a variety of things free or discounted, whilst a 19 year old on minimum wage has to pay. Examples include prescriptions and eye tests, through to things like public transport and football tickets.

The whole 'we've paid taxes all our lives so deserve free stuff now' argument doesn't wash either. Young people who are paying taxes now will be lucky to get a pension let alone the discounts old people enjoy today.

Baby boomers could do a couple of years at a free college and walk into a well paid job-for-life, they could buy nice houses for cheap that would boom in value, they enjoyed relatively cheap energy and fuel, they were given amazingly generous pensions and any private pensions enjoyed decades of solid growth, they enjoyed good interest rates on their savings, favourable tax rates on everything, while living through an era of peace and social liberalisation, with the freedom to do what they wanted free from the myriad of privacy invasion we suffer today. They could even stand up at the football. Now they're enjoying health care and retirement ages we will never again be able to afford, while taking advantage of a variety of additional benefits. Truly the most charmed of all generations.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody has troubles eating fresh pineapple?

I bought a fresh pineapple about two months ago from Aldi, and through eating it my mouth bled. Strange because it's never happened before. I put it down to Aldi's quality. So yesterday I bought a fresh pineapple from Sainsburys for £1, literally just eaten it and my mouth is bleeding again. 

Researched it and apparently it contains something that eats at flesh!? 

Does anybody has troubles eating fresh pineapple?

I bought a fresh pineapple about two months ago from Aldi, and through eating it my mouth bled. Strange because it's never happened before. I put it down to Aldi's quality. So yesterday I bought a fresh pineapple from Sainsburys for £1, literally just eaten it and my mouth is bleeding again. 

Researched it and apparently it contains something that eats at flesh!? 

it happens to my sister too.  Something about an enzyme that breaks down flesh that is also used as a meat tenderiser.

It only happens with fresh pineapple though.  She's fine with the tinned stuff

Because you are 19 and the government hate you. Your not rich and you are probably poor, so they will take your money and use it to reduce mansion tax and land ownership fees. Welcome to Tory Britain.

On a second note, most pensioners are skint, they are scraping off poor pensions in an ever increasingly more expensive world to live in. Without the aid of such benefits, many wouldn't have enough money to live off.

My daughter is travelling to France with the school, and apparently I can get travel updates via the school 'twitter feed'. Can someone explain what that is and how I can access it?

Sign up to twitter. Search the school in the search bar. Follow the school(will be easy to see once you go on the schools twitter page).

All their tweets/statuses are known as the twitter feed

Edited by Swarles Barkley

Sign up to twitter. Search the school in the search bar. Follow the school(will be easy to see once you go on the schools twitter page).

All their tweets/statuses are known as the twitter feed

Nice one.

Thanks, mate. :)

Because you are 19 and the government hate you. Your not rich and you are probably poor, so they will take your money and use it to reduce mansion tax and land ownership fees. Welcome to Tory Britain.

On a second note, most pensioners are skint, they are scraping off poor pensions in an ever increasingly more expensive world to live in. Without the aid of such benefits, many wouldn't have enough money to live off.

****ing hell it's Baby Ken.

• Like 1

It comes to us all. With a lot of low paid and part time work around now many people will not have paid enough contributions by the time they retire. I was lucky to have worked for 45 years with only a few months out of work.

My brother finished last Friday. He has worked at the same place and what with ill health, voluntary redundancy and a works pension he decided it was a good time to retire and take it easy. His kids have grown up mortgage about paid for and his missus does part time so no real money worries atm. He turned 60 last October.

Guest MattP

lol

More people than ever in full time work. Wages sky rocketing. Ken talks about low paid part time jobs. lol

I noticed recently the most vocal of the people shouting about low paid jobs, zero hour contracts etc are people out of and not even looking for work.

More people than ever on work programme and zero hour contracts but, yeah, it's all okay just as long as the Tories can fudge the stats.

Not that labour cconplplain. Brown did exactly the same with FJF.

Edited by Finnegan

More people than ever on work program and zero hour contracts but, yeah, it's all okay just as long as the Tories can fudge the stats.

Not that labour can conpla

More people than ever on work programme and zero hour contracts but, yeah, it's all okay just as long as the Tories can fudge the stats.

Not that labour can complain. Brown did exactly the same with FJF.

There are lies, dammed lies and statistics.

glass half empty or half full.

Yes Labour would be no different if they were in power. After all the aim of a government is to stay in power and fool most of the people some of the time. Preferably in the year running up to an election. but that is just my personal opinion being the old cynic that I am.