Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

The company I work for has recently announced that there is going to be redundancies. They have offered an attractive voluntary redundancy package which I am tempted by. If I apply for voluntary redundancy I will get an answer by the middle of June, but the termination date will be during September this year, which is when the compulsory redundancies begin.

My question is, if they refuse my voluntary redundancy application in June, can they then legally make me redundant anyway in September? Obviously not paying out on the redundancy package.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by stix

OK I have a problem with opening a my printer files that checks the ink levels. Not a major one but it is bugging me. I have reinstalled the software checked the warranty which is out of date but it is two years ago and I have used the check ink part since and I can open it on my other laptop. I have changed one ink cartridge anyway because the colour was not right

I click on the icon and nothing happens. I can open the help page and others. It is also puzzling me as to why. I do not like unsolved mysteries.

Are we even allowed to mention 'Jews' on here in any way? I saw no holocaust denial in that thread which was binned.

Can somebody put a list up of exactly what is not allowed to be spoken of please? Or PM me a list.

Can you give a recent example?

PROPAGANDA ON THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get why you closed the thread now! You're on his side. Let the views of others be heard. From Syston as well, I thought I lived in a blissful town! lol

Why is their so much anti-Semitism from Christians? If Jesus, a Jew, was not tortured and killed then all of the Christians wouldn't be saved. So basically the Jews made sure Christians could sin and rather than burn in hell they'd just have to say sorry. Jewish people should be idolised by Christians.

Can you give a recent example?

I'm sure there are lots but I'm talking in general, Jesus's death is considered the largest cause of Anti-Semitic persecution by most historians.

So you say there is a lot of anti semitism from christians but can't think of a single example?Unless you count the KKK as a christian group there's hardly any anti semitism from christians nowadays.

So you say there is a lot of anti semitism from christians but can't think of a single example?Unless you count the KKK as a christian group there's hardly any anti semitism from christians nowadays.

There's a Wikipedia article about it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_and_anti-Semitism

What we're celebrating today is widely regarded as a huge motive behind all manner of anti Semitism.

I'm not saying it's happening lots at present but it's plastered throughout history!

I thought Hitler was against Christianity. Can you really blame them for the holocaust? 

Hitler, as you quite rightly posted, was against Christianity. He was born and confirmed with the catholic church but later in life dejected it. The holocaust was not the result of Hitler's persecution of Jews on religious grounds however it still remains a ground that many feel caused it. After world war 1 there was great depression in Germany and this made a radical politician in Adolf Hitler. Over the years he gained support and eventually gained power.

Hitler did not persecute the Jews because of religion but because he felt that they gained from WW1 and were becoming prominent and he didn't like it. His followers, however, who voted him into power had a mass of hatred over the Jews and sided the persecution because of the religious views. With out those anti-semetic followers Hitler would not have gained power yadayadayada....

Edited by Benthefoxface

Hitler, as you quite rightly posted, was against Christianity. He was born and confirmed with the catholic church but later in life dejected it. The holocaust was not the result of Hitler's persecution of Jews on religious grounds however it still remains a ground that many feel caused it. After world war 1 there was great depression in Germany and this made a radical politician in Adolf Hitler. Over the years he gained support and eventually gained power.

Hitler did not persecute the Jews because of religion but because he felt that they gained from WW1 and were becoming prominent and he didn't like it. His followers, however, who voted him into power had a mass of hatred over the Jews and sided the persecution because of the religious views. With out those anti-semetic followers Hitler would not have gained power yadayadayada....

It wasn't really due to religious views, more economic ones.

It was due to the myth propagated widely in German society that the 'backstabbing Jews' were the cause of the WW1 defeat and that they had controlled the complex finances of the post WW1 reparations system for their own profit. 

Hitler, as you quite rightly posted, was against Christianity. He was born and confirmed with the catholic church but later in life dejected it. The holocaust was not the result of Hitler's persecution of Jews on religious grounds however it still remains a ground that many feel caused it. After world war 1 there was great depression in Germany and this made a radical politician in Adolf Hitler. Over the years he gained support and eventually gained power.

How do you feel about Jews? Obviously christians are all wankers.

It was not just the Jews. They were blamed among others of ruining the economy because many were shopkeepers and business minded and taking money off the Gerrmans. Also blamed were the disabled and anyone not fully contributing to the economy. Hitler wanted a perfect race where only the fit and able to contribute should benefit. Even in the camps it was the weakest that were put to death. It was mostly Jews though because they owned more shops and were good at making money.

It was not just the Jews. They were blamed among others of ruining the economy because many were shopkeepers and business minded and taking money off the Gerrmans. Also blamed were the disabled and anyone not fully contributing to the economy. Hitler wanted a perfect race where only the fit and able to contribute should benefit. Even in the camps it was the weakest that were put to death. It was mostly Jews though because they owned more shops and were good at making money.

Hitler didn't like the disabled because they always complained about parking, allegedly.

This is what I thought, a lot of skilled Jews were saved from the gas chamber to work for the Nazi's.