Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I'm thinking of quitting my job and starting a restaurant (when we get to Lusaka).

Has anyone else quit a job and done what they enjoyed doing?

Should I just be a slave to the man?

Can't you come back here and do it? I'd gladly run the bar or front of house!  

• Like 1

This may be along shot  but I was doing some spring cleaning in my bedroom and found an old print out from Foxestalk. It is a transcript of a phone in. Topic title Aussie Radio Show - apparently posted 12/2/07 poster Peggy. It is about the host asking a caller questions about their partner then seeing if the answers match (Mr and Mrs) I have page one and three. He starts of asking the last time he had sex.

I realise old posts may be deleted so not searched yet. Did a quick google not found anything. Just thought it may be funny enough to resurect. Does anyone else remember it?

Guest MattP

Anyone know where the media entrance, turnstile K2 is? Sitting in the Fosse club for the first time

You go through the Main Entrance and turn left up the stairs.

Fairly certain that I already know the answer to this - but does anybody know of a way to get out of a phone contract. I believe mine doesn't run out until Christmas time, but I broke my Samsung Galaxy S4 a few months back, usually really good with phones etc, but managed to drop it at football and got told it would cost a fortune to repair so I just bought a cheap smartphone to use the sim. However, I am obviously not paying for way too much data etc that is not needed on this phone.

I know phone contracts are fairly tight and not a great deal of room for manouvere, unless you want to but yourself out of course, but anyone had a similar issue, or know any ways around it?

Fairly certain that I already know the answer to this - but does anybody know of a way to get out of a phone contract. I believe mine doesn't run out until Christmas time, but I broke my Samsung Galaxy S4 a few months back, usually really good with phones etc, but managed to drop it at football and got told it would cost a fortune to repair so I just bought a cheap smartphone to use the sim. However, I am obviously not paying for way too much data etc that is not needed on this phone.

I know phone contracts are fairly tight and not a great deal of room for manouvere, unless you want to but yourself out of course, but anyone had a similar issue, or know any ways around it?

Who are you with? Certain networks allow you to downgrade your plan (within certain parameters) so you could save money that way. It wouldn't get you out of your contract but would make it more affordable given the phone you're on. 

The only other thing I can think of is wait and hope they try and increase your price while you're still in contract. Because that's changing the terms of your contract you have 30 days in which you can leave, penalty free. However they've stopped doing this since Ofcom made that ruling.

There's a bit more info here that might help

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cancel-mobile-contracts

Who are you with? Certain networks allow you to downgrade your plan (within certain parameters) so you could save money that way. It wouldn't get you out of your contract but would make it more affordable given the phone you're on. 

The only other thing I can think of is wait and hope they try and increase your price while you're still in contract. Because that's changing the terms of your contract you have 30 days in which you can leave, penalty free. However they've stopped doing this since Ofcom made that ruling.

There's a bit more info here that might help

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cancel-mobile-contracts

Thanks for the reply, very helpful! I'm with EE, whom have generally been ok in the past, but also tend to wash their hands of you as soon as it doesn't suit them. I'll have a further research into it though, and hopefully at least be able to downgrade the plan as i'm currently the mobile phone equivelent of the granny who buys a brand new car to nip to the shops and back.

Thanks for the reply, very helpful! I'm with EE, whom have generally been ok in the past, but also tend to wash their hands of you as soon as it doesn't suit them. I'll have a further research into it though, and hopefully at least be able to downgrade the plan as i'm currently the mobile phone equivelent of the granny who buys a brand new car to nip to the shops and back.

Apparently EE went with the T-Mobile policy, not the Orange one, and you can't downgrade in contract :(

http://community.ee.co.uk/t5/My-Bill/Unable-to-lower-EE-tariff/td-p/97034

• Like 1