Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Any good ways of wearing in leather? Bought some loafers on Thursday and the blisters are awful. Also, jeans - the colours running: had them a couple of weeks, washed them when I first bought them but my legs end up dyed blue every day as a result of the colour leaking, any good treatments for stopping that?

Leather, you just need to wear in in mate I'm afraid. I would wear them round the house till comfy of it's a pain to go out in them. As for the jeans. Depending on quality? This will happened until the exces due has done it's running. A word of advice though (and one I et slated for) jeans are not actually meant to be washed unless they really really need to.

Sorry can't be of much more help

Any good ways of wearing in leather? Bought some loafers on Thursday and the blisters are awful. Also, jeans - the colours running: had them a couple of weeks, washed them when I first bought them but my legs end up dyed blue every day as a result of the colour leaking, any good treatments for stopping that?

You can buy shoe stretch stuff from shoe shops, that helps them to fit more comfortably. It's basically a foam that you squirt on the bits of the shoes that are tight, then you walk round in them for a while (feels a bit gross) until the leather 'gives'.

Edited by AoWW

For excess dye in jeans, I think you put salt in the wash with them, but you'd need to google it for specific instructions.

For shoes -  nice thick quality socks could help when wearing them in, but I find good quality shoes shouldn't hurt, something seems a little off if you have to go through the pain barrier whilst wearing them.

You're clearly not a woman. ;):P

For shoes -  nice thick quality socks could help when wearing them in, but I find good quality shoes shouldn't hurt, something seems a little off if you have to go through the pain barrier whilst wearing them.

Can't agree with that, it's the backs of them - when I step I end up bending my heel over the top of the back, causing rubbing and then blisters - good quality or not you're going to get that, it's just the way the foot works - step heel first and your foot is going to bend over the back of the shoe.

Can't agree with that, it's the backs of them - when I step I end up bending my heel over the top of the back, causing rubbing and then blisters - good quality or not you're going to get that, it's just the way the foot works - step heel first and your foot is going to bend over the back of the shoe.

Not ruling out breaking any shoe in, that will have to happen, but it shouldn't take very long at all and cause little discomfort whilst doing so.  Often shoes with corrected grain etc. can cause problems, I understand that most people don't want to drop a few hundred on shoes but I have never had problems when I purchased high end.

Fairly certain that I already know the answer to this - but does anybody know of a way to get out of a phone contract. I believe mine doesn't run out until Christmas time, but I broke my Samsung Galaxy S4 a few months back, usually really good with phones etc, but managed to drop it at football and got told it would cost a fortune to repair so I just bought a cheap smartphone to use the sim. However, I am obviously not paying for way too much data etc that is not needed on this phone.

I know phone contracts are fairly tight and not a great deal of room for manouvere, unless you want to but yourself out of course, but anyone had a similar issue, or know any ways around it?

I replaced my phone screen. I bought the parts on Amazon and it took 15 mins max.

Here is a guide for your phone:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Samsung+Galaxy+S4+Display+Assembly+Replacement/16540

Screen and digitizer parts:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00JOBJZOI/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?qid=1431599330&sr=8-8π=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s4+screen+replacement+kit&dpPl=1&dpID=41i4ZiF0F1L&ref=plSrch

Edited by Merging Cultures

Anyone know of anywhere in Leicester that is good/cheapish to fix Ipad screens? My son decided to drop it on the floor and the glass has shattered.

bad decision from your son imo

Light hearted q - Why do microwavable foods have a time suggested setting for microwaves at 750w and 850w when most microwaves are 800w?

Before I get attacked by all the foodies, it was a couple of desserts and not a korma for one!

• Like 1

Light hearted q - Why do microwavable foods have a time suggested setting for microwaves at 750w and 850w when most microwaves are 800w?

Before I get attacked by all the foodies, it was a couple of desserts and not a korma for one!

wow i have also often pondered this quandary but never thought to take it to the internet

Blame the EU.