Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

FFS- I should have not waited that long. Cheers once again. 

I wanted one for my holiday, looks like they've sold out. There's a sport shop near the market that might have some old stock.

I wanted one for my holiday, looks like they've sold out. There's a sport shop near the market that might have some old stock.

I live in London! I do wonder if they have wrote off last hundred or so in the favour for new kits. Just emailed them and see what they got to say. 

Guest MattP

Is it normal for people to knock on your door claiming to have just been released from prison and asking you to buy stuff?

I think it's sensible to sway away from anyone who claims to be from prison trying to sell you stuff on the doorstep.

It appears it is connected to scamming - http://www.safelocaltrades.com/consumers/advice/nottingham-knockers

Yeah I've had them knock on my door before, I think they were just trying to scout the place out. Once they realised my kids have destroyed anything valuable they soon fùcked off.

Guest MattP

Yeah I've had them knock on my door before, I think they were just trying to scout the place out. Once they realised my kids have destroyed anything valuable they soon fùcked off.

I got that feeling from it.

He absolutely stunk as well.

Or maybe they really wanted to go straight and was doing door to door sales because no company would employ them because of their past record and thought that some people would see that they were making an effort and not be judgemental.

They could sit at home all day smoking and drinking.

I can understand the negative view though.

Is it normal for people to knock on your door claiming to have just been released from prison and asking you to buy stuff?

Some sort of rehabilitation programme. They usually carry ID.

Mind you, have you seen the price of their merchandise? It's criminal!

Sent a text last night. It sent itself 6 times last night at intervals of 10 minutes and then a further 4 times today. Has anyone experienced this before?

nope

Sent a text last night. It sent itself 6 times last night at intervals of 10 minutes and then a further 4 times today. Has anyone experienced this before?

nope

nope

• Like 1

I woke up to a flat tyre on Saturday - the 2nd in a month! Not having a spare I had to get roadside assistance out, when the guy got here he got me to turn the wheel and reverse a little bit, revealing a screw pinned straight through the tyre.  He re-inflated the tyre, yanked the screw out, then stuck a strip of some weird looking red stuff in the hole and told me that I could just drive off and wouldn't need to replace the tyre.  Anyone know what this magical stuff is?

Edit:  Nevermind I've found it:

Edited by Carl the Llama

I woke up to a flat tyre on Saturday - the 2nd in a month! Not having a spare I had to get roadside assistance out, when the guy got here he got me to turn the wheel and reverse a little bit, revealing a screw pinned straight through the tyre.  He re-inflated the tyre, yanked the screw out, then stuck a strip of some weird looking red stuff in the hole and told me that I could just drive off and wouldn't need to replace the tyre.  Anyone know what this magical stuff is?

Wrigley's strawberry. Plugs all sorts of holes.

It's just a rubber plug that gets shoved into the hole using a skewer-like tool.  I've used them before.  They're very good & should last at least a few thousand miles (or even the remaining life of your tyre).

where's the tinder thread?

It's just a rubber plug that gets shoved into the hole using a skewer-like tool.  I've used them before.  They're very good & should last at least a few thousand miles (or even the remaining life of your tyre).

:nuge:  :knockyhat:

• Like 3