Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Swapping balances on credit cards is not a simple as it sounds sometimes, If you just need money for one thing and Tesco are offering a 21 month zero interest pay back at your on discretion card then go for it.

I feel into a deep hole with credit cards and loans a few years ago, lost my job, took 3 big hits on the cards, thats as much as they are allowed to charge you but at 39% apr and 10k on 2 cards it mounts up. eventually i had to go bankrupt. 

My only wish i had loaned more money :|

I think i must be the worst person when it comes to dealing with money it just burns a hole in my pocket so dont take my advice too serious :/

Edited by Freesolo

I think it depends on your background. So many people like to try different foods these days. Here in canada we are so multicultural that the traditional Sunday roast is not so significant.

Sure we have loads of people from british or irish ancestry here but times have changed.

I could go for a roast dinner tonight but id prefer something easy tonight. Feeling lazy lol

• Like 1

How fast dya reckon you could get hit by a car without being hurt?

at 40 there's an 80% chance you'll die if you're about 9, i think you're 21 so times it by like 2.3 so 80% x 2.3 = 184% chance you'll die at 40 mph

Edited by Wookie

I reckon 15 mph is where I'd max out. 15 or less I reckon it'd hit me an id just look through the window as if to say ey lad what are you doin hitting me with your car. 15-20 is a risky one, anything above 20mph reckon I'd fall over, 30+ would be hospital.

When on mobile, why can't you +1 someone?

because there isn't a + button for rep

On foxestalk mobile, i go to the 4 square box into the top right corner... i click on that and select the full version... on that i can +1 all day long! and thats on me mobile!

Haven't had a roast dinner for years, a bit too bland for my tastes.  Weirdly my mum and dad have a roast dinner every Monday.

Get some salt and pepper on it, lad!

Guest MattP

Do families in UK have roast dinners every Sunday??

Absolutely, have one every Sunday and then one my Mum saves for me when I go back home on Tuesday.

It doesn't feel like a weekend if I don't have one.

Going to a RSC networking event tomorrow at the Grand Hotel on Granby Street - better to take copies of my CV (2 sides of A4) or some small business cards with the important details on (contacts, degree etc.)? The CV obviously has the greater detail and I'd need to send it on to people anyway, but I'd think that perhaps people might be more willing to accept business cards than CVs on that sort of event.

Edited by The Doctor

Going to a RSC networking event tomorrow at the Grand Hotel on Granby Street - better to take copies of my CV (2 pages of A4) or some small business cards with the important details on (contacts, degree etc.)? The CV obviously has the greater detail and I'd need to send it on to people anyway, but I'd think that perhaps people might be more willing to accept business cards than CVs on that sort of event.

Business cards is a good idea, they will be more likely to keep hold of them then! Regarding your CV it's shouldn't really be any more than 2 sides of A4, if it is this I apologise.