Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Business cards is a good idea, they will be more likely to keep hold of them then! Regarding your CV it's shouldn't really be any more than 2 sides of A4, if it is this I apologise. 

That was my thought, but at the same time they're a lot more disposable and perhaps wouldn't sell me as much as a CV would. Yeah, it's 2 sides - 2 pages in word, but printed double sided it's one sheet of A4

That was my thought, but at the same time they're a lot more disposable and perhaps wouldn't sell me as much as a CV would. Yeah, it's 2 sides - 2 pages in word, but printed double sided it's one sheet of A4

Why don't you take both? And offer the CV but if they say they aren't taking CV's then offer a business card, what have you got to lose?

Ahh my bad!

Despite all the theories by 'experts' about what happened/what might have happened, does anyone else think MH370 will be found eventually?

Heard someone describe it looking for a needle in a haystack but you don't know where the haystack is. I'm sure it will get found eventually though.

can you guys help me with something please? i want to cancel my sky tv service, and turn my TV into a smart tv with one of those boxes, chromecast, firestick, now tv, which of these, if any, would be best so i can still get sky channels, AND subscribe to us services like MLB Tv and Premier league football so i can watch every game on my tv and my pc? thanks

can you guys help me with something please? i want to cancel my sky tv service, and turn my TV into a smart tv with one of those boxes, chromecast, firestick, now tv, which of these, if any, would be best so i can still get sky channels, AND subscribe to us services like MLB Tv and Premier league football so i can watch every game on my tv and my pc? thanks

You can watch almost any channel but you can't rely on them, sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I don't know about your subscriptions, sorry.

Where can a man buy a puncture repair kit? 

Halfords

Is the scaner connected to the laptop via a usb cable or something?

Typically scanners aare connected to your laptop via a usb cable. You then would have software installed on your computer that would allow you to view the scanned images.

It is possible you have a wireless scanner which would still require you to have software installed at least via my experiences.

When you say you scanned the document how did you do it? Did you just put the document in the scanner and hit a scan buttn?

Sometimes ther3 is a default directory that scanned images wil be saved to possibly without the use of "software". Do you have a folder called "my documents" or "documents" on your desktop? If so click on tht folder and see if you have a folder called scanned images or something...

Is the scaner connected to the laptop via a usb cable or something?

When you say you scanned the document how did you do it? Did you just put the document in the scanner and hit a scan buttn?

Yes, via USB cable.

Yes, put document in scanner and pressed scan* (* I suspect this is incorrect?).

Quite fancy a summer job, maybe a few days a week doing something or other, don't mind what. I'm 16 so obviously don't have experience, and am away for two weeks from 25th of June to the 10th of July and then for 10 days in early August, which is obviously bad for an employer. Had a look online but most are looking for experience/permanent placements - what would you advise?

Edited by theessexfox

Quite fancy a summer job, maybe a few days a week doing something or other, don't mind what. I'm 16 so obviously don't have experience, and am away for two weeks from 25th of June to the 10th of July and then for 10 days in early August, which is obviously bad for an employer. Had a look online but most are looking for experience/temporary placements - what would you advise?

if its only for summer then temp work isn't a bad shout.

Why are companies preferring Apprenticeships, is it just because it reduces their labour wage costs?

Somebody who is untrained is less valuable than somebody who knows what they're doing. It's not a hard concept to grasp really.