Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Going to a RSC networking event tomorrow at the Grand Hotel on Granby Street - better to take copies of my CV (2 sides of A4) or some small business cards with the important details on (contacts, degree etc.)? The CV obviously has the greater detail and I'd need to send it on to people anyway, but I'd think that perhaps people might be more willing to accept business cards than CVs on that sort of event.

Take both, have the CVs (one leaf each) in a nice 'leather' folder to keep them flat.

Quite fancy a summer job, maybe a few days a week doing something or other, don't mind what. I'm 16 so obviously don't have experience, and am away for two weeks from 25th of June to the 10th of July and then for 10 days in early August, which is obviously bad for an employer. Had a look online but most are looking for experience/permanent placements - what would you advise?

I used to be a binman in my summers back from Uni. That was great.

I worked on the bins during summers. It was in the Fens so you'd meet some, ahem, 'interesting' people. Laziest people I've met too, they used to think of all sorts of reasons not to collect a bin if it was down a side alley, the best one being 'pheasant in bin'. The home owners were understandably miffed when we informed them over the phone why theirs hadn't been collected.

I worked on the bins during summers. It was in the Fens so you'd meet some, ahem, 'interesting' people. Laziest people I've met too, they used to think of all sorts of reasons not to collect a bin if it was down a side alley, the best one being 'pheasant in bin'. The home owners were understandably miffed when we informed them over the phone why theirs hadn't been collected.

Which Fens? I used to do it in Lincolnshire so ventured onto them a bit.

Don't want to keep spamming this thread, but for those who watch sport on TV:

I'm interested in purchasing a package for the upcoming football season (mainly), alongside other sports like Golf - not worried about price.

Which is better value-for-money - BT Sports or Sky Sports?

Thanks.

Which Fens? I used to do it in Lincolnshire so ventured onto them a bit.

South of Kings Lynn, so Cambridgeshire down to Welney way. Also the West Norfolk coast which was rather lovely on a fresh morning in late Summer.

It was the same crew that 'lotto lout' Michael Carroll worked for.

Is it ok to take a lanzoprazole after the expiration date? Used to have acid reflux two years ago but it came back today and I still have about 5 boxes of them.

I dont see why not. Ive been.on similar acid reflux pills for yearrrrrrs and keep expired ones around incase i run out of my current ones or in my car for emerg if i forget to bring them etc.

I have never grown a third testicle or went into a coma after having an expired pill.

Its never good idea to used expired meds but my understanding is that if anything it just loses potency the older it gets.

Its always best to see your doctor if sysmptoms have reappeared. Other things could be going on.

I dont see why not. Ive been.on similar acid reflux pills for yearrrrrrs and keep expired ones around incase i run out of my current ones or in my car for emerg if i forget to bring them etc.

I have never grown a third testicle or went into a coma after having an expired pill.

Its never good idea to used expired meds but my understanding is that if anything it just loses potency the older it gets.

Its always best to see your doctor if sysmptoms have reappeared. Other things could be going on.

Thanks mate. Nah it was just this morning had a massive curry last night.

lol dont have curry late!

My doctor told me you should stop eating 3 hours before you go to bed to allow your food to digest properly so that acid doesnt go haywire while you sleep etc.

Your doctor sounds like a massive bender.

Your doctor sounds like a massive bender.

Well ya at times.

But i actualy tried it and found my acid issues during thr night did decrease. Also the many factors that play in like what you are eating etc. I have a hernia by he esophagus or flappy thing down there which doesnt help my acid issues but the pills and his recommendation did help a bit

Well ya at times.

But i actualy tried it and found my acid issues during thr night did decrease. Also the many factors that play in like what you are eating etc. I have a hernia by he esophagus or flappy thing down there which doesnt help my acid issues but the pills and his recommendation did help a bit

giphy.gif

What's the biggest animal that you think you could realistically take out in a fist fight?

I reckon I could kick the shit out of an emperor penguin.

I'd fancy my chances against a shark, only if it was on land. I wouldn't even think about it in water though, the odds would be heavily stacked in the sharks favour.

Wouldn't entertain a scrap with a badger either. I'd just walk away, they're nasty little bastards.

What's the biggest animal that you think you could realistically take out in a fist fight?

I reckon I could kick the shit out of an emperor penguin.

I'd fancy my chances against a shark, only if it was on land. I wouldn't even think about it in water though, the odds would be heavily stacked in the sharks favour.

Wouldn't entertain a scrap with a badger either. I'd just walk away, they're nasty little bastards.

for some reason that just made me crack up. probably for the sheer obviousness of it all lol lol lol