Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Anyone flown with Jet2 before? Going with them to Turkey a week on monday. Just been to Spain with Ryanair and had to sit without being able to move my legs for three hours because of the horrendously poor leg room.

Guest Kopfkino

Anyone flown with Jet2 before? Going with them to Turkey a week on monday. Just been to Spain with Ryanair and had to sit without being able to move my legs for three hours because of the horrendously poor leg room.

Yeah they're decent actually. They've done cabin refits over the last couple of years so they have these leather slimline seats which means you get more legroom and it makes everything seem more roomy.

Their planes are quite old and I know last year they had a lot of problems with delays and having to lease aircraft from crappy eastern european places though, not sure about this summer though

Yeah they're decent actually. They've done cabin refits over the last couple of years so they have these leather slimline seats which means you get more legroom and it makes everything seem more roomy.

Their planes are quite old and I know last year they had a lot of problems with delays and having to lease aircraft from crappy eastern european places though, not sure about this summer though

Oh right thanks mate. Ryanair are absolute wank the only good thing about them are the convenient flights.

< What are those spots for, that appear under the poster's image?

Good question - I've often wondered the same. I guess it's something to do with number of posts made. I only have 4 spots (300 posts) yet you have 8 spots (5500 posts)

#spotenvy

Good question - I've often wondered the same. I guess it's something to do with number of posts made. I only have 4 spots (300 posts) yet you have 8 spots (5500 posts)

#spotenvy

And I have 5, with 800 posts. Pretty exciting stuff if you ask me..

Does anyone know if you can completely change your subject choice if you go through clearing at Uni?

Have you tried contacting the uni on this? If you have enough points/right grades and the other course isn't full I dont see why not.

Does anyone know if you can completely change your subject choice if you go through clearing at Uni?

If I remember right there is a list of available courses for every university once clearing begins, I did a year at NTU but due to certain circumstances switched to DMU through clearing doing a completely different course, as long as you have the necessary a-levels/UCAS points you should in theory be able to apply for any course with places available.

One bit of advice is to get in early if you're planning on going through clearing, the universities sometimes change their entry requirements as the day goes on depending on the grades of the people that are applying for certain courses for example I remember clearly Uni of Leicester wanting AAB for sociology but 20 minutes later requiring AAA, saying that don't rush into anything and if you need to ask the university anything call them on the day, I spent 40 minutes asking questions and sorting everything out.

Edited by zak_lcfc

Alright thanks guys. I'm just making sure I'm prepared for the 13th if I don't get the grades. Don't want to be mincing about at the last minute if I have to compete with loads of people with the same grades.

Guest Kopfkino

Yes. If you still wanted to go to the same unis, ring them up and ask if you can change course if they offer what you want to do.

Failing that you can apply to whatever you want if it's on clearing but keep in mind that they see your originial application including personal statement so you may want to send them a revised one if it's a completely different subject. Just ring up the unis you're interested in and ask them about it

Here is a good one. Outside of shaving your arse brazilian wax bikini wise how do you stop toilet paper mini balls from getting stuck in your arse fluff when wiping your dirty bum?

Using a biday or the indian style of used Pepsi bottle filled with water are known techniques to remove said paper mini balls post wipe. The only other thing i can make sense of is wet wipes or one time usage wash arse clothes.

Its friday. Im bored. lol

Bidays! I always thought they were drinking fountains. No wonder I get accused of talking shite!  :unsure:  :rolleyes:

Alright thanks guys. I'm just making sure I'm prepared for the 13th if I don't get the grades. Don't want to be mincing about at the last minute if I have to compete with loads of people with the same grades.

I applied (and got in) to Loughborough for CompSci. Had a change of heart after the course started and switched to Maths on the first day of lectures.

It'll vary depending on the uni and department, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue, particularly if you've got the grades that would be required.

Always best to call them (specifically the department admissions tutor for where you want to transfer) to get advice before hand. They'll know what would be the best course of action for you.

Is it odd/not normal to go to a pub on your own?

I do. I buy my own rounds (of one) and can drink at my own pace which can vary from snail to Flash. But seriously if you know people in there it is not so bad. I go to beer festivals on my own and take trips out of town on my own. I am not one to strike up a conversation but if anyone else starts they can't shut me up.

Bit like on here.

I have a Microsoft Lumia as a replacement and dont understand parts of it. It seems to be using data internet when I am not using it. Whats all this data sense about.

I also cannot connect to free wifi the Cloud i n one place tet my android does. I thought I was connected to my home PC earlie but my data use is still going down. Thought it never counted if using non phone connection.

I do. I buy my own rounds (of one) and can drink at my own pace which can vary from snail to Flash. But seriously if you know people in there it is not so bad. I go to beer festivals on my own and take trips out of town on my own. I am not one to strike up a conversation but if anyone else starts they can't shut me up.

Bit like on here.

You need a girlfriend or boyfriend Rincy. What's the market like at your age?