Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Don't want to sound daft here, but:

Which is more expensive - A funeral or wedding (generally)?

We've had both in the last 10 months and the wedding cost at least 3 times as much as the funeral. Funeral cost £4k, not sure on the wedding but was more than £12k.

Outrageous prices.

Guest MattP

I've noticed that it's more busier when MattP posts.

Thanks, a lot to be said for provocative thought. lol

I'm cutting down my postings anyway on here as it's affecting my life a bit too much, I'll still finish off in the 'Leader of the Opposition' thread but I think my political stuff on here has ran it's course. The standard of debate has divebombed recently, the best contributors like Alf Bentley, Webbo, Captain, Moosebreath, Leicsmac, Strokes, Darkon, Bilo etc (sorry if I missed you) barely post anymore so it's not worth the effort.

Only so much I can take of the 'debate' now consisting of Dan calling anyone who disagrees with him as a "Tory cnut" and Rincewind making his 17th post of the week about some made up Tory expenses he has seen on a dodgy blog or about ONS figures he's called a conspiracy for years now being signature worthy as it's agrees with his view.

The last straw was a couple of months ago when a post was made (and repped to the point of being popular) about how someone wasn't too bothered if "a few" ISIS members came here providing we made sure we took our fair share of boat migrants, admittidly it was one day before the Tunisia attacks and I think people might not have been so agreeing had it been made the day after but it showed the scale of some of the recent lunacy on here, it really made me angry and I had to log off for a few days  - I thought to myself after that if a website can get you that worked up it's probably not really worth it.

I'm becoming more intolerent of people as well, sadly I've started putting a few people on ignore now and that's something I've never done before.

Edited by MattP

Thanks, a lot to be said for provocative thought. lol

I'm cutting down my postings anyway on here as it's affecting my life a bit too much, I'll still finish off in the 'Leader of the Opposition' thread but I think my political stuff on here has ran it's course. The standard of debate has divebombed recently, the best contributors like Alf Bentley, Webbo, Captain, Moosebreath, Leicsmac, Strokes, Darkon, Bilo etc (sorry if I missed you) barely post anymore so it's not worth the effort.

Only so much I can take of the 'debate' now consisting of Dan calling anyone who disagrees with him as a "Tory cnut" and Rincewind making his 17th post of the week about some made up Tory expenses he has seen on a dodgy blog or about ONS figures he's called a conspiracy for years now being signature worthy as it's agrees with his view.

The last straw was a couple of months ago when a post was made (and repped to the point of being popular) about how someone wasn't too bothered if "a few" ISIS members came here providing we made sure we took our fair share of boat migrants, admittidly it was one day before the Tunisia attacks and I think people might not have been so agreeing had it been made the day after but it showed the scale of some of the recent lunacy on here, it really made me angry and I had to log off for a few days  - I thought to myself after that if a website can get you that worked up it's probably not really worth it.

I'm becoming more intolerent of people as well, sadly I've started putting a few people on ignore now and that's something I've never done before.

Dan's only 16, so ignorance and hostility is to be expected. 

And there's the immaturity of a 16 year old.

You'll no doubt change your mind when you're working, and see how much the government takes off you every month to fund India's space program. :thumbup:

Will I become a horrible racist like you then?

And there's the immaturity of a 16 year old.

You'll no doubt change your mind when you're working, and see how much the government takes off you every month to fund India's space program.  :thumbup:

WTF? You still live at home with your parents don't you? Didn't you go on your first date only a few months ago via tinder? I don't think you have any leg to stand on regarding maturity. Given that some of your views probably aren't likely from any real experience, I just assume you've inherited your opinions from your parental units. some of those opinions are ropey to say the least...

• Like 1