Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Depends on the suit lol. It'll be a white shirt but I quite like the red tie/navy suit combo. I have a grey one but the fit isn't great.

I wore a navy suit with a burgundy tie & pocket square last year to a wedding and my mrs said I looked nice lol.

I normally have a look on the next website see what colour suits and combos they have the blokes on there wearing.

Guest MattP

What's the general feeling on top hats at weddings. Personally I wouldn't be seen dead in one.

All depends on the occasion, if many others are doing so you'll feel comfortable, it does make the portly gentlemen feel like the monopoly man though.

I wore a Top Hat at Ascot and it felt marvellous, when everyone does it it's great and feels wonderfully British.

this might sound stupid but does 4g use shitloads more data than 3G? i used to have 750 thingys of data and never ran out once in two years, now in four months of 2 gbs or whatever they're called I've ran out three times out of four. but actually use my phone less. but now it uses 4G not 3G that's the only difference.

can you turn 4G off? What was wrong with 3G it helped man out for years.

All depends on the occasion, if many others are doing so you'll feel comfortable, it does make the portly gentlemen feel like the monopoly man though.

I wore a Top Hat at Ascot and it felt marvellous, when everyone does it it's great and feels wonderfully British.

racist

Sounds good. Brown shoes?

Just makes sure you choose a dark brown shoe, lighter browns just draw the eye too much. 

Charcoal grey suit, white shirt, blue tie, brown brogues, brown leather watch.

That is a very in look at atm mate, the girl I'm seeing is a menswear designer and she agrees.

Brown shoes work with charcoal but can be a little more tricky, if you pick one which has red tones it can look sublime. 

Also pick a nice oxford shoe and try and avoid high shine.

Two Cricket questions:

a)How do overcast conditions help the bowler?

b)How is the score required to avoid the follow-on determined? 

I stand to be corrected but;

a) It's harder for the batsman to see the ball.

b) I thinks it's 201 or more behind opposition's first innings.

Two Cricket questions:

How do overcast conditions help the bowler?

How is the score required to avoid the follow-on determined? 

The humidity makes the air more dense and that helps the swing bowlers. The ball also gets wet off the grass in the outfield making it slicker on the bat.

Edited by Smudge