Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Why do disabled people get free parking?

No problem with disabled spaces so they don't have to walk as far, but don't see why they shouldn't pay like the rest of us bearing in mind they get a living allowance to cover costs like these. Not to mention many get brand new free mobility cars and pay no tax/insurance on them.

Surprised the Tory government hasn't cut that scheme since it's been in majority to be honest.

They don't get free parking everywhere. I noticed that a lot of 'pay and display' car parks specifically state that disabled people have the same fees as everyone else.

Guest MattP

Yeah, some of the bastards even get free wheelchairs - what's wrong with crawling? Sort it out, IDS. :rolleyes:

Do we have to have these silly overreactions whenever someone dares question anything about how public money is spent?

Mattp's been emailing them suggestions.

When I watch old videos of the Baroness speaking in the commons it's hard not to get a thrill, she really was tremendously sultry with her actions and word and came across as very desirable.

A powerful intelligent woman who can put a man right in their place is an extremely sexy thing to watch, I'm just so glad the best there has ever been at it in the public eye was a Conservative. I can't imagine how it makes the feminists feel.

oh right, thanks

A good question would be why are they up at the women's test match I'm watching now when I've not seen a ball yet bowled above 70mph. :ph34r:

Genuine question for people more clued up than me regarding politics.

Keep reading that Cameron wants to bring in the no benefits for immigrants for the first 4 years? Great! But then other members of the EU are either saying no or stating that should also include British born 18-22 year olds?

Is Cameron not able to just turn around and tell them to sod off!? And why not?

I just don't really know what power the other countries have over us, and what would happen if Cameron just did his own thing regardless of what the members of the EU said?

Our govt can't discriminate against other EU citizens, it has to give them the same as it gives our people. The idea is that if EU migrants have to wait 4 years before they can claim they'll be less likely to cme. Unfortunately that means that they have to discriminate against our citizens too meaning we won't be able to claim for 4 years after you're   18. In other words 22. I believe it's similar to other EU countries.

It also probably saves the govt some money in welfare too, so that's a bonus for them.

If a car has a SORN, and has no MOT, it's legal to book an MOT and drive to it with no tax, right? Because you can't tax it without a current MOT certificate. Obviously it needs to be insured as well.

If your MOT certificate has expired you can only drive your car to the garage for its test and it must have a pre arranged appointment at the garage. If your car fails the MOT you may drive it to a place of repair or for scrapping, providing this is also pre-arranged.

Just found out its Hartlepool. Bloke going out recognised my shirt and said his son was a City fan. Saw Cameron brewery on a shirt and looked thatp. Dont know where they are playing today or how far it is.

Ken do you think you could continue conversations in the thread you started them?  This made no sense at all until I opened HWYD lol

York away.

that explains it. I think they have come by coach and this was a stop off point. They were herebefore 11 and it;ll be just over a hour to Yoprk.

I never knew there was a new page or even half a dozen posts since mine. I googled then used the back key to do my second post. TThis one is edited.

Edited by Rincewind

If your MOT certificate has expired you can only drive your car to the garage for its test and it must have a pre arranged appointment at the garage. If your car fails the MOT you may drive it to a place of repair or for scrapping, providing this is also pre-arranged.

Yeah I am aware of that, was just making sure it would also apply for being on the road with no tax.

Yeah I am aware of that, was just making sure it would also apply for being on the road with no tax.

Driving an untaxed vehicle to an MOT test

You can drive your vehicle to and from a pre-arranged test at an MOT test station provided you have adequate insurance cover in place for the use of that vehicle

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/HowTo...1

Does this help?

• Like 1

I have reserved a copy of Windows 10 and now have alerts saying it is ready to install. Problem is I have been told by others to hold on it but they are no fans of MS (who is?) so dont know what to do. Anyone upgraded yet?

Try this thread Rince. http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/98996-windows-10-upgrade-to-be-free-for-one-year/

I have upgraded. It is better than Windows 8, for me.

Just had a quick read. First and last pages. Seems hit and miss. My worry is if I dont upgrade they (MS) are going to say W7 is not supported as they did with XP and Vista. Like death it seems W10 is inevitable.

I use Firefox never got used to Chrome may try it for a while. Just used to where the menus are. Same with Linux. I have that installed on a laptop. Forget which one but hardly used it. It has MS also. Could be the one that has gave up.

Just installed Chrome and its not imported all my bookmarks. At least it is checking my spelling. Shall have to bookmark things as I use them.

Edited by Rincewind

Just had a quick read. First and last pages. Seems hit and miss. My worry is if I dont upgrade they (MS) are going to say W7 is not supported as they did with XP and Vista. Like death it seems W10 is inevitable.

I use Firefox never got used to Chrome may try it for a while. Just used to where the menus are. Same with Linux. I have that installed on a laptop. Forget which one but hardly used it. It has MS also. Could be the one that has gave up.

Just installed Chrome and its not imported all my bookmarks. At least it is checking my spelling. Shall have to bookmark things as I use them.

Win7 will be supported for a good few years yet (by law).

Win10 is free to upgrade for a year (until July 2016). If your happy with 7 may you as well stick with it for a while, but i recommend updating to 10 before July next year to get it free (mind you they will probably extend it etc)

There should be a button to import your bookmarks on the chrome setting area.

Giving it a while longer but constant reminders could be annoying. There is a tab that has imported bookmarks but even in the menus all of them are not listed. I am sure they are all in the same place. It just seems random and only about 10 were imported.

Anyway I am using both. Chrome for here and other messageboards. Firefox has a search box alongside the status bar and I dont have to keep reopening tabs if viewing two sites.

Just realised I have used Firefox here so my spelling has not been auto checked. I expect I will be told if there are errors. :)

Edited by Rincewind

Right dudes.

After a family holiday in an unusually wet Wales my trusty motor needs a thorough clean inside and out.

I've only ever had a car properly cleaned once and it's clear that I have neither the skills or time to do as good a job as those that do it for a living.

60 quid seems to be the going rate for a full valet, and I'd rather pay less than this but as the upholstery really needs shampooing I know it isn't going to be cheap.

The place I used the once that I thought was great has since shut down, so does anyone know anywhere not too far out of the city centre that they'd recommend for this sort of thing?