Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I think £60 is for the ones that come to you. If you see the prices as you drive past and pop them here that would be grand, thank you

It's only a few minutes walk away. I'm working atm, but I'll have time after lunch.

Don't make a special trip for me, chap!

Popped in for you.

They have a range of options, but the full valet is the same as you were quoted (£60). That includes engine steaming and alloy wheels cleaned.

The next cheapest option offers:

Shower wash

Shower wax

Hoover car and boot

Dashboard dusted and polished

Windows cleaned in and out

Polish and shine plastics inside and outside

Leather creamed

Hand polish inside and out

Door sills wash and wiped

Tyre shine

Hand finished

£35 for a large car, £25 for a small car.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

The tragic thing is I don't even follow my own advice. Haven't eaten or had sex in weeks.

With a toddler, 5 month old and a wife with a broken vagina (pelvic bone during giving birth) the sex topic is off the cards for a longggggtime here lol. I have been fatbastarding it up at least.

With a toddler, 5 month old and a wife with a broken vagina (pelvic bone during giving birth) the sex topic is off the cards for a longggggtime here lol. I have been fatbastarding it up at least.

You are my hero.

Edited by bovril

Can you replace your stereo with a mini iPad inside your car?

Most after market car stereos are IPod and IPhone ready now, which means you get a certain amount of control via the head unit. Not sure if the Ipad is catered for in this way.

Best car audio solution for me is to buy a head unit with a USB input and have your music on a memory stick - a 64gb one is about 15 quid now so you needn't worry too much about leaving it in your motor.

The only thing to watch is how many folders the head unit can handle - my old Alpine can only cope with a hundred, whereas the Kenwood one I've got my eye on can do up to 999, so that's much more practical

Guest MattP

When did it become acceptable for people who post trash through your doors ie takeaway menus to then also just walk across the garden to next door rather than use the driveway and pavement like everybody else?

When did it become acceptable for people who post trash through your doors ie takeaway menus to then also just walk across the garden to next door rather than use the driveway and pavement like everybody else?

They've been doing it since forever, Matt.

It's not acceptable, though, as I pointed out - in no uncertain terms - to our postie just last week.

I don't know but we have that problem. I can't put up a "No junk mail" sign as my favourite Birstall Chinese once posted a £3 voucher through our door, no minimum spend or expiry date. 

Guest MattP

lol @ Mike

Glad you agree Buce, I've noticed it before on the odd occasion but now it seems to be the norm rather than the odd ignorant sod doing it.

Ken I don't see what it has to do with the length, it's not acceptable to walk over someone's garden without permission.

I used to walk over peoples gardens (if possible) doing my paper round 30 years ago. I wouldn't trample plants and stuff though, just cut across the drive/lawns. Saves lots of time.

Used to have to walk back to the paper shop to pick up the other half of the round because they were too heavy to carry. The paperboy these days gets driven round by his mum who stops outside each house! FFS!