Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

BT, personally.

Currently on a £28 per month deal to have unlimited internet, BT phone (unlimited at weekends) and sport channels.

Their customer service is very good if you have initial installation issues.

Another question regarding the new flat...

Filled out the Council Tax form online. But heard nothing since from local council as I'm also due a discount.

BT, personally.

Currently on a £28 per month deal to have unlimited internet, BT phone (unlimited at weekends) and sport channels.

Their customer service is very good if you have initial installation issues.

Also went with BT. £7.50 per month. Paid line rental in advance for a year and got 10% off. Get standard Freeview Channels and BT Sport for free. 

Should I get an e-mail or any kind of notification? When I go online to pay it, even to log on it says I need a reference number but I've not been sent anything?

When I did mine, I received my reference number via the post and kept it somewhere safe if I need it again. - this was after around 3 weeks after ordering...(!).

You either get it by post or email (with the latter, based on someone else who used it, it usually goes to your inbox moreorless straightaway).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

When I did mine, I received my reference number via the post and kept it somewhere safe if I need it again. - this was after around 3 weeks after ordering...(!).

You either get it by post or email (with the latter, based on someone else who used it, it usually goes to your inbox moreorless straightaway).

cheers 

Why do fat cyclists wear lycra? You're already the ****ing opposite to aerodynamic

I've found that cycling any kind of distance in normal shorts leads to very cold particulars. Wind finds a way to get anywhere. God bless tight tight Lycra.

So moving in to a new flat soon.

Would like to have BT/Sky/Virgin Media.

What's the best deal out there for brand new customer? 

If it's not too late PM me and I might be able to help. Just ask Finners.

Why do pensioners feel the need to dress in all-beige once they get past the age of 70? It's such a pain on the eye.

Why do youngsters dress in black, or greys, or just blue denim,and drab T-shirts,with so many lively colours around.

In fact, outside the Leicester, and Nottingham womenfolk, if it wasnt for our W.Indian, Asian communities, many midlanders

would still be stuck to greys.

That said the girls of Leicester /Nottingham always knew how to dress on Fridays and saturday nights, even Thursday paydays. What its like now I cant say...

Why do youngsters dress in black, or greys, or just blue denim,and drab T-shirts,with so many lively colours around.

In fact, outside the Leicester, and Nottingham womenfolk, if it wasnt for our W.Indian, Asian communities, many midlanders

would still be stuck to greys.

That said the girls of Leicester /Nottingham always knew how to dress on Fridays and saturday nights, even Thursday paydays. What its like now I cant say...

I would imagine that the reason old folk wear biege is the same reason men wear lots of drab colours...they don't on a whole like to stand out, plus a lot simply don't how to colour co-ordinate so it's easy to stick with those colours.  Can't say I own anything black apart from a funeral suit.

As for biege, it's a great colour very versatile, should be a staple in anyones wardrobe.

Edited by purpleronnie

my tv (just freeview atm) keeps going nuts and jumping and squeaking. seems exclusive to itv and a bit of channel 4. bbc is fine. 

anyone know if this is fixable or am i just gonna have to sit and suffer due to "poor signal" or some bullshit? 

my tv (just freeview atm) keeps going nuts and jumping and squeaking. seems exclusive to itv and a bit of channel 4. bbc is fine. 

anyone know if this is fixable or am i just gonna have to sit and suffer due to "poor signal" or some bullshit? 

How's the weather? Bad weather can affect it. You can try retuning it also (best to do it on a really clear day). Unfortunately sometimes you can't do anything about it, some areas don't have very good signal, some TVs are worse than others too. 

How's the weather? Bad weather can affect it. You can try retuning it also (best to do it on a really clear day). Unfortunately sometimes you can't do anything about it, some areas don't have very good signal, some TVs are worse than others too. 

weather is fine, i retuned twice yesterday and hoped it'd fix itself between last night and tonight. seems to have got worse though which is a bummer. just gonna have to watch bbc and channel 4 it seems. 

weather is fine, i retuned twice yesterday and hoped it'd fix itself between last night and tonight. seems to have got worse though which is a bummer. just gonna have to watch bbc and channel 4 it seems. 

Probably checked it already but your aerial lead could be a bit loose? You can also put your post code in here to see if there's any problems, also tells you what other transmitters you can try (you should be able to choose it after you retune).

If there's something you're desperate to watch you can watch ITV on their website anyway.

Probably checked it already but your aerial lead could be a bit loose? You can also put your post code in here to see if there's any problems, also tells you what other transmitters you can try (you should be able to choose it after you retune).

If there's something you're desperate to watch you can watch ITV on their website anyway.

yeah i checked all the obvious stuff. 

getting virgin installed on wednesday anyway so not a major issue was just a bit annoying tryin to watch before.