Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

My old ipod classic is starting to conk it, right hand channel loss in the headphone jack starting to appear - anyone know a good place in the city centre to get it fixed, or failing that recommendations for a new high capacity mp3 player?

I assume you're sure it's the ipod and not the headphones?

Why does every in-car multi-charger I buy to charge my Samsung android phone stop working after about 6 uses?

Made in china/vietnam im guessing. Most electronics etc i buy are from asia somewhere and its all about cheap product and cheap labour so we can buy it on the cheap!

Edited by Jattdogg

Does anyone know how Wills work.

Talking to my dad about them the other day and he said he hasn't got one. My parents are still together but they've never got married, and it's me & my 2 sisters (one older, one younger)

My dad has got 3 houses that he rents out and then we've got the family home. He's also got a fairly large pension and then other savings. Now god forbid anything happens to him but if it did who would all his money & assets be left to? He's got 2 brothers and 2 sisters himself. He thinks if he doesn't write a will everything will be left to my older sister.

Does anyone know how Wills work.

Talking to my dad about them the other day and he said he hasn't got one. My parents are still together but they've never got married, and it's me & my 2 sisters (one older, one younger)

My dad has got 3 houses that he rents out and then we've got the family home. He's also got a fairly large pension and then other savings. Now god forbid anything happens to him but if it did who would all his money & assets be left to? He's got 2 brothers and 2 sisters himself. He thinks if he doesn't write a will everything will be left to my older sister.

Should definitely get a will, especially with the complexity of the situation you describe above. Not doing so is in my view a pretty selfish thing to do, since it leaves the family with a complete mess to deal with when they are likely mourning and often results in in-fighting about who gets what, as well as a long drawn out process with solicitors fees and expenses racking up. Without a will, the rules are here https://www.gov.uk/inherits-someone-dies-without-will.

• Like 1

Should definitely get a will, especially with the complexity of the situation you describe above. Not doing so is in my view a pretty selfish thing to do, since it leaves the family with a complete mess to deal with when they are likely mourning and often results in in-fighting about who gets what, as well as a long drawn out process with solicitors fees and expenses racking up. Without a will, the rules are here https://www.gov.uk/inherits-someone-dies-without-will.

Been there, done that. It's not easy AT ALL especially if there are various potential beneficiaries who may well believe they have a gretaer claim than others to whatever estate is left.

Guest CityFan 06

Is a college ID card with date of birth and photo an acceptable proof of age/identity to use in shops such as the Co-op just for example?

Thanks

How long have you got, (approx - because it must differ for all cars), when the petrol light comes on? Never happened to me before and it came on this morning. Parked up and I'll be back after work tonight but I'm unsure how long I've actually got before I try and reach the nearest petrol station. I also dunno whether to drive 15 mins to the petrol station on the way home or risk trying to find a closer one (but I dunno where I'm going if I do the latter).

Edited by Fox92

How long have you got, (approx - because it must differ for all cars), when the petrol light comes on? Never happened to me before and it came on this morning. Parked up and I'll be back after work tonight but I'm unsure how long I've actually got before I try and reach the nearest petrol station. I also dunno whether to drive 15 mins to the petrol station on the way home or risk trying to find a closer one (but I dunno where I'm going if I do the latter).

If you keep pressing the onboard computer's button to cycle through its various info displays, one of them should estimate how many more miles you have until empty.  Generally I'd say a 15 minute drive should be doable though.

Edited by Carl the Llama

If you keep pressing the onboard computer's button to cycle through its various info displays, one of them should estimate how many more miles you have until empty.  Generally I'd say a 15 minute drive should be doable though.

I dunno, my car is old lol 2002. But cheers anyway. Was just wondering given it's never happened to me before and all.