Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

It's just gone on and the gauge is at the first stage of the red on that picture. I've just realized the nearest petrol station is about 1 mile away so should be fine. Cheers.

You get quite a bit out of most cars when the light comes on. I've had mine go as I've left Loughborough and managed to drive to Hugglescote, near Coalville and back before I've filled up. That's at least 20 miles in total, and I still had some to play with. At a guess I'd say you could do nigh on 40 miles after the light, it's just not a good idea to go almost empty as it drags all the shit through the engine.

My old Mum bless her will always fill up when the tank gets to half full/empty. She can't bear to drive around with less than half a tank in (about 250 miles worth of fuel!) Very strange habit but she's always done it lol

As posted on what grind my gears thread, Sky Sports has pulled down their live score centre website, I was wondering if anyone know something similar? I know I can watch it on TV but I prefer something online based so I can keep an eye on it while working on my coursework etc. I know BBC show Final Score online about 15-20 minutes before end of matches but what else is available? 

Why is there no UK equivalent to shows like The Daily Show with Trevor Noah or Last Week Tonight with John Oliver?  Newswipe's kind of similar but it only runs for a few episodes every now and then, Charlie Brooker would definitely be my first choice for host.

Why is there no UK equivalent to shows like The Daily Show with Trevor Noah or Last Week Tonight with John Oliver?  Newswipe's kind of similar but it only runs for a few episodes every now and then, Charlie Brooker would definitely be my first choice for host.

Isn't it like the Russel Howard show?

As posted on what grind my gears thread, Sky Sports has pulled down their live score centre website, I was wondering if anyone know something similar? I know I can watch it on TV but I prefer something online based so I can keep an eye on it while working on my coursework etc. I know BBC show Final Score online about 15-20 minutes before end of matches but what else is available?

Flash score mate

You can still get the app on your phone.

• Like 1

Any suggestions of good places to visit/walk/explore in Leicestershire and perhaps a little further a field (not Braggeh park, rutland water and all the usual places).

I like Staunton Harold between Castle Don and Ashby, close to Breedon: free entry. Nice grounds, nice walks, decent little courtyard of craft shops, a historic family church. Should be nice this time of year with autumn colours in the trees

Nearby there is also Caulke Abbey, National Trust so there's a charge but again a nice place to visit.

Edited by Parafox

What's more important, a career or job?

A career is a job usually wymsey. Take me for example. Started out getting a job in maccys, but now with hard work and perseverance I'm on £7 per hour as assistant supervisor (fry section). That's what I call a career and it comes with a range of benefits like an extra half days leave.

• Like 1