Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I would have thought the tank would win quite comfortably being that the train isn't designed to withstand any major head on impact. I don't think it would matter that the train was moving faster than the tank as increased speed doesn't mean increased strength, like if you drive your car into a wall at 100mph your car is going to be just as wrecked as if someone propelled the wall at your car at the same speed.

Whut? I'm no physicist but speed x mass = power. Train by an absolute mile.

• Like 2

Whut? I'm no physicist but speed x mass = power. Train by an absolute mile.

You're thinking of force, rather than power as power involve adding work to the mix. 

Force only really has an effect when direction is applied so because the train will derail, therefore scattering the direction of the force of each carriage all over the shop, the tank would win, I reckon.

I'm not exactly sure what 'winning' means but I'd much rather be in the tank than the train.

You're thinking of force, rather than power as power involve adding work to the mix. 

Force only really has an effect when direction is applied so because the train will derail, therefore scattering the direction of the force of each carriage all over the shop, the tank would win, I reckon.

I'm not exactly sure what 'winning' means but I'd much rather be in the tank than the train.

I guess it depends entirely on speed and mass though. I'm picturing a pretty long train going at 100 odd mph though.

Now you mention it, any carriages are just going to go all over the place because the distribution of force would be uneven, also the tracks thing you mentioned

Got a birthday card for my mum to post but it slightly goes over the max length and width that it says on the stamp packet, will I be fine to just put two first class stamps on it and post it?

Should be I think. As long as the monetary value of the stamps in it cover the cost you'll be fine, you don't need any special stamps.

IMO I believe his posts add more value then yours and that other numpty that has a nerve to criticism him!!!!

lol. Nerve to criticise? He can make a valid point or two I agree but most of the time needs 5-6 paragraphs to do so.

More value than yours too though I reckon.

lol. Nerve to criticise? He can make a valid point or two I agree but most of the time needs 5-6 paragraphs to do so.

More value than yours too though I reckon.

lol, love it

Thracian is a good poster but jesus he loves a double or triple quote to get things going. I mean jesus.

The steam of his piss is more valuable then anything you post

Are there any D&D players on this forum?  More specifically, anyone with a decent knowledge of the Slaadi and how best to incorporate them into your game?  I'm trying to DM a campaign and I love the idea of shapeshifting psychic toads but I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do with them exactly.  If anyone's ever used them in a campaign I'd love to hear how the general storyline accommodated them and which race dynamics were exploited. 

I've already shoehorned a bastardised version of the control gem into the early campaign and the players have already met some Slaadi including a Death Slaad (who has escaped for now but the team have permanently reduced its max HP by half via my bastardised gem mechanic) and now I want to develop them a bit more as a race only I suffer from a deplorable lack of imagination for tasks like this.  They probably should have shanghaied somebody else into being DM.

Please don't bully me for being a nerd.

I've turned into a Blood  Bowl nerd. There is an online site where you can join leagues and create teams.FUMBBL The group I'm with is the Leicester Blood  Bowl League. LBBL. If anyone wants to join I can send the link. I have two teams. Orcs called  Discworld Sadists and Vardy's Eleven which is an Undead team. Not  played a  game yet but it will be good practice  for when I play real live games in a league instead of friendlies.

Well well well I've been up all night on wikipedia and similar sites, finding images. fiddling with maptools and if anything I'm now even more confused about the frog guys because I've found a ton of lore on them from editions 1-4 which appears to have been rendered redundant by 5e...  So fvck it the players are getting vague instructions from a benevolent Faerie Dragon to go off on a quickly slapped together run through Mt. Moon from the pokemon games - I'll give the players a dice roll every time they move to determine if they get attacked by zubats bat swarms (not even going to pretend I'm not trying to be a dick there).  They can fight some troglodytes along the way, perhaps a minotaur and/or basilisk to raise the difficulty (gelatinous cube in one of the corridors perhaps?), then they can try to survive an Umber Hulk at the end.  I'm very tempted to be an ultra dick and have the Hulk ambush them in a tiny room and watch them panic, we'll see how alive the players are towards the end before I make a firm decision on that one...

Aaaaaaand just like that I have more time to figure out these bloody toads.