Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I'm 22, and I hate getting up in the mornings for work. I start work at 7:30, so I invariably drag myself out at just gone 7:00, rush about getting ready in 10 minutes and just about get to work on time. I'm drowsy and not really 'with it' until at least 9:00 and I've had some caffeine. This time of year when you get up in the dark makes it ever more difficult!

At the weekend I sleep until about 9:30-10:00 and feel so much better for it.

I get a minimum 7 hours sleep a night, usually I get about 8 hours.

Will I grow out of this? Will I ever be one of those people who wakes up before their alarm? 

I'm 22, and I hate getting up in the mornings for work. I start work at 7:30, so I invariably drag myself out at just gone 7:00, rush about getting ready in 10 minutes and just about get to work on time. I'm drowsy and not really 'with it' until at least 9:00 and I've had some caffeine. This time of year when you get up in the dark makes it ever more difficult!

Will I grow out of this? Will I ever be one of those people who wakes up before their alarm?

You'd probably find if you get up a bit earlier instead of rushing round you'd feel better.

Set an alarm for 6.30 snooze it until 6.40/6.45 have a shower, have a cup of coffee at home then you'll be relaxed before getting to work.

I used to be the same started work at 5.50am, I used to get up at 5.15 rush round then get into work for 5.45.

Nowadays I'll get up at 4.50 have a shower, make a cup of tea have a bit of fruit then a nice drive to work. Now I'm in that routine it's easy and I feel better for it at work.

Does anyone know the best club to go in Sheffield for NYE? Up there with a couple mates and we need to book before its all sold out.

Cheers in advance :thumbup:

Code and Plug are good but not sure about NYE. Viper rooms will probably be popular but it's always full of absolute helmets and people who buy grey goose on a night out.

Are e-cigarettes any good?

Yeah, provided you buy your juices from reputable companies that test them properly for Diacetyl, acetopropionyl and acetoin. Industry is unregulated until May when the TPD kicks in and until them you can have whatever flavours you want in them, including these molecules (highly likely they cause popcorn lung)

Code and Plug are good but not sure about NYE. Viper rooms will probably be popular but it's always full of absolute helmets and people who buy grey goose on a night out.

I was hoping you'd chip in lol cheers mate, Code looks alright for New Year's, I'll still scout around but that looks like the best so far :thumbup:

That is uncanny, I was about to post something similar but far more baffling.  I get up at 6.30 for work, when I go to bed at 11.15-11.30 I usually wake up feeling bit tired and feel tired through the day (not too tired though). Here is the kicker, if I go to bed at 12, I wake up much more refreshed and do not feel too tired at end of the day. Can someone please explain this ????? 

Edited by The Blur

Seriously, well done fella! I know that's not easy. Let me know what kit you bought?

Some just whisp away and others I've tried give you nothing; and then everything all once.

Cheers mate I have a curve vt40 which I got from totallywicked. It's decent but entry level. I think as long as you find a liquid you like you can't go wrong. I've not even been tempted with smoking.

That is uncanny, I was about to post something similar but far more baffling. I get up at 6.30 for work, when I go to bed at 11.15-11.30 I usually wake up feeling bit tired and feel tired through the day (not too tired though). Here is the kicker, if I go to bed at 12, I wake up much more refreshed and do not feel too tired at end of the day. Can someone please explain this ?????

Sleep cycles

Sleep cycles

Yeah, but I thought the recommended amount was 7 and half to 8 hours of sleep? I think I may be able to get away with 6 and half hours of sleep for one or two nights but I think it will eventually catch up to me. 

Absolutely without a shadow of a doubt YES ! ......     But you will have to wait about 30 years for it to happen.

Are e-cigarettes any good? 

E cigs are for wooses .....    Man up and just quit.    About a month of cold turkey and you're there.   

Edited by Countryfox