Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

I'm not saying the idea never crossed my mind, but the fact that they were posting polar opposite opinions made me think it was someone else.

That's what he does.

It genuinely baffles me that you can post here for years and not twig Chandler/Moose/Frank/Radovan is just on the wind up.

I highly doubt he gives a **** one way or another about politics or current events, he just posts extreme views for a laugh and a reaction. He's fairly good at it as well, although I'd say foxestalk is a very easy hunting ground for a proper internet troll.

Notice how the people he's tried to hound the most ruthlessly (Ken aside) are generally those that worked him out ages ago.

Yourself and Matt and others who agree with this latest persona's politics are going to want to believe he's genuine and he might actually think SOME of what he posts but most is just fishing.

The obsession with trying to pretend to be Patrick Bateman should have been clue enough. lol

That's what he does.

It genuinely baffles me that you can post here for years and not twig Chandler/Moose/Frank/Radovan is just on the wind up.

I highly doubt he gives a **** one way or another about politics or current events, he just posts extreme views for a laugh and a reaction. He's fairly good at it as well, although I'd say foxestalk is a very easy hunting ground for a proper internet troll.

Notice how the people he's tried to hound the most ruthlessly (Ken aside) are generally those that worked him out ages ago.

Yourself and Matt and others who agree with this latest persona's politics are going to want to believe he's genuine and he might actually think SOME of what he posts but most is just fishing.

The obsession with trying to pretend to be Patrick Bateman should have been clue enough. lol

I'm not going to lie, I was a fan of moose and I defended him more than once. I still believe he was as much sinned against as sinner. If it's true I'm disappointed and I can't see the point of it.

Tbf Frank to be never had a go at me. I seem to remember him having a bit of a go at Matt in the football forum and he was the first one to guess it was moose.

Thank god it has been

What the hell is wrong with students these days?

Whether you like it or not the Migrant crisis is a huge political story that should be debated in some serious depth, not something that should be locked and never spoken about, this trend of censorship is becoming increasingly commonplace among the young and it's quite alarming, if you want a "safe space" I'd get off the internet.

If you genuinely think threads like the migrant one should be locked then you belong at a finishing school rather than a university, academic argument is not for the genteel, it's for the unrelentingly curious.

I don't think you have been paying enough attention to be honest mate, his latest persona is a far left class warrior, not really something me or Webbo would concur with. I was one of the first to say Frank to Be might be Moose, it was the difference in politics hat was the only thing leaving me thinking it might not be, it wasn't comparable to all the other aliases like Chandler, Bunk etc

I'll never get the fascination with trolling, a guy I know on Facebook does it all the time, he makes ridiculous comments then as soon as someone replies he starts laughing, the only person it really makes look a dick is himself.

Sorry, by latest persona I meant MooseBreath. I meant more latest long-term persona, a la Radovan, Chandler, etc. Can't remember all the others, wasn't Caveman Dave one of his? Sorry Dave if not.

I mean don't get me wrong, he's got some capacity for wit, he's made me laugh at times. I probably wouldn't bother banning him because I don't see the point.

But he's 100% just out for a laugh and a troll regardless of how hard he protests.

Edited by Finnegan

Whether you like it or not the Migrant crisis is a huge political story that should be debated in some serious depth, not something that should be locked and never spoken about, this trend of censorship is becoming increasingly commonplace among the young and it's quite alarming, if you want a "safe space" I'd get off the internet.

If you genuinely think threads like the migrant one should be locked then you belong at a finishing school rather than a university, academic argument is not for the genteel, it's for the unrelentingly curious.

I don't think you have been paying enough attention to be honest mate, his latest persona is a far left class warrior, not really something me or Webbo would concur with. I was one of the first to say Frank to Be might be Moose, it was the difference in politics hat was the only thing leaving me thinking it might not be, it wasn't comparable to all the other aliases like Chandler, Bunk etc

I'll never get the fascination with trolling, a guy I know on Facebook does it all the time, he makes ridiculous comments then as soon as someone replies he starts laughing, the only person it really makes look a dick is himself.

What mystifies me, Matt, is why you got into that last arguement about Birmingham, if you thought it was Moose?

Why waste your time like that?

I also find it odd that the thread was locked. It was an interesting debate - surely closing it was overkill, if Moose was the problem?

What mystifies me, Matt, is why you got into that last arguement about Birmingham, if you thought it was Moose?

Why waste your time like that?

I also find it odd that the thread was locked. It was an interesting debate - surely closing it was overkill, if Moose was the problem?

If someone wants to start a new thread, that'll be okay.

funny enough when I called him out as a troll, there were people, not naming names, who basically said that he was a changed man/poster, and I should leave stop calling him so. Obvious troll is obvious.

The words 'leopards' and 'spots' spring to mind..

It's a very serious problem. There's a new generation of students who seem totally crazy to me. They're prudish, puritanical, racist and sexist (although they claim to be the opposite - they are trying to rewrite the dictionary), pro-censorship, anti-free speech, and absolutely intolerant of anyone who disagrees with their extremist views even slightly.

These people will be in power one day. Who knows where they will lead us?

I wasn't certain it was Moose, as I say the politics of it and I thought there was also a chance it could be FIF given Frank's obsession with labelling anyone who argued with him as racist.

It's a very serious problem. There's a new generation of students who seem totally crazy to me. They're prudish, puritanical, racist and sexist (although they claim to be the opposite - they are trying to rewrite the dictionary), pro-censorship, anti-free speech, and absolutely intolerant of anyone who disagrees with their extremist views even slightly.

These people will be in power one day. Who knows where they will lead us?

Well it's upto the more sensible and freedom loving people to make sure these people don't ever get to positions of power. The distressing thing for me is this is reaching the top universities, Oxford and Cambridge are being affected by these types, you expect it at the UCL or something but that highest academics in the land? Worrying.

I'm delighted to say the tide does appear to be turning on this and people are showing signs of having had enough, lots of universities have set up free speech societies over the last few months to try and combat the liberal bigots and Lord Patten has came out and said that Oxford students unable to appreciate these values should probably think about being educated elsewhere.

If you're right about the Moose persona mostly being a wind-up, he certainly went to a lot of trouble to do it.

Some of his posts in debates with me about economics were detailed - and well argued from a right-wing perspective. A very elaborate and time-consuming wind-up, if that's what it was.

Doesn't bother me, anyway, as:

1) Even in a "dialogue", as discussions with Moose sometimes were, 1 or 2 other people might read opinions and find them interesting, even if it's mostly just "the usual suspects" who frequent certain threads. If an opinion is worth expressing, why not just put it out there as we never really know who might be reading it or why.

2) I simply enjoy arguing about politics, economics and attitudes to life, so I don't care what another person's motives might be, provided they've got well-presented views to argue with - as Moose often did. I wouldn't want to spend my time having arguments that descended into unpleasantness, but my arguments with Moose rarely did (though I know he could be nasty to some). This attitude is probably why I end up engaging more with people I disagree with on here, provided they have something vaguely intelligent to say and are reasonably civilised. What would be the point of me engaging in lengthy dialogue with, say, Leicsmac, to tell him how I completely agree with most things he says?

3) For me, FoxesTalk is an enjoyable way of avoiding the loneliness and isolation that comes from working on my own from home (sounds sad, I know). Clicking onto some thread, having a chat, joke or argument breaks up the isolation. Life can end up seeming pretty meaningless otherwise, sitting all day on your own in front of a computer screen.

4) Admittedly, I end up spending too long on here - some sort of mildly addictive or obsessive personality or something; but, if it wasn't this, it would be some other pleasant excuse for time-wasting. 

So, I'm sorry the Moose person/persona has gone, whether he/it was on the wind-up or not. If he was faking it throughout the time that he was arguing with me about politics or economics, it was really only his own time that he wasted, not mine, as I enjoyed it and found it a vaguely beneficial use of my time. 

I never paid much attention to the Frank to Be persona, partly because Frank's lefty comments were a bit unsubtle and lacking in insight. They were of a lower quality than the MooseBreath posts. Maybe that suggests that whoever he is/was, it's the right-wing bit that's more genuine.

Enough already!  :D

• Like 2

3) For me, FoxesTalk is an enjoyable way of avoiding the loneliness and isolation that comes from working on my own from home (sounds sad, I know). Clicking onto some thread, having a chat, joke or argument breaks up the isolation. Life can end up seeming pretty meaningless otherwise, sitting all day on your own in front of a computer screen.

4) Admittedly, I end up spending too long on here - some sort of mildly addictive or obsessive personality or something; but, if it wasn't this, it would be some other pleasant excuse for time-wasting. 

:D

Bloody hell, I could have written exactly this, word for word. Spooky Alf

• Like 1

With respect, Alf,  I could probably have an argument with you about anything and have it last forever just by Googling sources. Since the age of about ten or eleven arguing has been my forte, I can keep one up for hours and when you're sat on FoxesTalk with the whole of the internet at your disposal it's pretty easy to keep one going forever.

I generally don't (anymore!!) because I can't be bothered. The difference between Moose and myself (and most of us) is he can be arsed. Whether he's an absolute sad case with a personality disorder and no real life or whether he's just a normal guy with a slightly weird hobby we should respect regardless I leave entirely up to you.

• Like 1