Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Just a quick question while I think about it. It is mainly aimed at any retired members or anyone working in the relevant dept. or having knowledge.

I reach pension age in November as some will know and was wondering if I have to apply or is it done automatically?

I have filled out an enquiry form so I may get an answer from the DWP. There is an online form to send off but it needs my NI number which I do not have at hand ATM.

There are changes being made and according to a quick read younger people on less than 15k will be hit the hardest. But that will not be for another 30 years or so and I may not be around.

Its a tough old world for some.

Edited by Rincewind

Just a quick question while I think about it. It is mainly aimed at any retired members or anyone working in the relevant dept. or having knowledge.

I reach pension age in November as some will know and was wondering if I have to apply or is it done automatically?

I have filled out an enquiry form so I may get an answer from the DWP. There is an online form to send off but it needs my NI number which I do not have at hand ATM.

There are changes being made and according to a quick read younger people on less than 15k will be hit the hardest. But that will not be for another 30 years or so and I may not be around.

Its a tough old world for some.

They send you everything out just before. I work at Financial Advisers if you need a hand with it all.

Thanks I get Pension credit and a small private pension ATM. It is means tested so my income does not change, the PC being adjusted accordingly. Wondered if it was the same for the state pension. Just thinking ahead so I am not told I had to apply 6 months before which is not that far away.

I may get some info in April when the financial year ends

got a big fat new tele, but my tivo box won't play any sound when it's connected with the hdmi. so i either have a boss picture and shit/no sound or an alright picture but actual sound. anyone any ideas? 

not a major issue but i would like to get the most out of my fat new tele tbh 

got a big fat new tele, but my tivo box won't play any sound when it's connected with the hdmi. so i either have a boss picture and shit/no sound or an alright picture but actual sound. anyone any ideas? 

Have you played around in the settings of the TV? Maybe you need to tell it to pull the audio from HDMI instead of something else? :dunno:

yeah as far as i'm aware ive spent the last hour or so changing every audio setting on the virgin box and on the tele, and tried both hdmi ports and both hdmi leads. best i can get is the sound losing like one word every sentence. but on the scart input it's 100%. 

just gonna have to get an engineer/technician or whatever crazy name virgin give them these days to come out. tbf they're usually very efficient and free and know what to do. 

Not directly answering the question but new TVs sound is pretty poor.Get yourself a sound bar, I got one from John Lewis( Orbitsound) it's really good for about £110 a few years back.

Right,I'm oldish and never been on Facebook. for total selfish reasons this is starting to attract me due to loads of school friends giving me sh!te when I was at school for supporting Leicester,when around here it was the usual suspects.its my time to plaster it with" welcome to paradise" pics at the ground,league tables etc and generally gloat.Not my usual style but it's payback time.Keep in contact with a handful but there are a few I might want to keep in touch with.

Waste of time or worth the bother?