Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Blur

Questions Thread

Some of the deliveries can take an age. They've always been alright with me, I suppose it's possible you've picked a bad one.

It's a bit fishy because he sent me a link to buy the shoes from his backup account by the looks of it which had bigger sizes on it, and deleted the listing a few days after I ordered them. Seems to only reply when his money is at stake. Ordered through e-packet which should take 7 days apparently, so guess i'll have to give it a few days.

Has anyone taken the tablets Half-Beta Prograne before? I've been prescribed them to prevent my migraines (they're also used to lower blood pressure, help with anxiety, amongst other things). The leaflet says it recommends you don't drink alcohol whilst taking them, and as these are going to taken everyday for the rest of my life, that could be a bit shit. It doesn't explicitly say don't drink though, just recommends it, so I just wondered if anyone had any experience of these tablets and their effects if you do have a drink?

Has anyone taken the tablets Half-Beta Prograne before? I've been prescribed them to prevent my migraines (they're also used to lower blood pressure, help with anxiety, amongst other things). The leaflet says it recommends you don't drink alcohol whilst taking them, and as these are going to taken everyday for the rest of my life, that could be a bit shit. It doesn't explicitly say don't drink though, just recommends it, so I just wondered if anyone had any experience of these tablets and their effects if you do have a drink?

Not sure about them , i am on migraine pills as well and it says do not drink with them but i do and has no affect on me. 

But then i am nuts and drink on morphine as well as other meds lol

Not sure about them , i am on migraine pills as well and it says do not drink with them but i do and has no affect on me. 

But then i am nuts and drink on morphine as well as other meds lol x

lol Will have to see how it goes then.

If I go loopy on the booze though I'm blaming you lol

• Like 1

lol Will have to see how it goes then.

If I go loopy on the booze though I'm blaming you lol

lol you should be fine . i think most pills come with do not drink. Only thing you may get drunk quicker at the start but worth it x 

Somebody told me that the reason some medicines (eg. anti-biotics) recommend not drinking alcohol when you're on them is purely so you don't get wasted and boff up the pills. Obviously I don't know if this is true or not. 

If you can get a look at a BNF Guide, it lists things like contra-indications.

If you can't, perhaps if you pm'ed Bryn he'd be willing to take a look for you?

Failing that, Mrs Buce is a nurse - I could ask her to check it out, if you like?

potential serious issue with my car.

Saturday and now today my car has had issues starting. After the game on Saturday, me and my dad were eating in the car for about 10-15mins. Radio was on. Lights were off. Nothing else on. Went to start the car and it wouldn't. So left it for about 10 mins and it started fine. Haven't thought too much of it since as my car has started fine on each occasion. Then went to have lunch today, sat in my car eating for about 10 mins again and it wouldn't start again when I'd finished. 

On Sunday I went to have my battery checked to Halfords and the numbers were fine on the device they were using, the technician couldn't see any issues with it. 

So begs the question what could be wrong with it? Electrical issue causing a malfunction? I don't see how that would have an affect on starting the engine though?

Saturday and now today my car has had issues starting. After the game on Saturday, me and my dad were eating in the car for about 10-15mins. Radio was on. Lights were off. Nothing else on. Went to start the car and it wouldn't. So left it for about 10 mins and it started fine. Haven't thought too much of it since as my car has started fine on each occasion. Then went to have lunch today, sat in my car eating for about 10 mins again and it wouldn't start again when I'd finished. 

On Sunday I went to have my battery checked to Halfords and the numbers were fine on the device they were using, the technician couldn't see any issues with it. 

So begs the question what could be wrong with it? Electrical issue causing a malfunction? I don't see how that would have an affect on starting the engine though?

I can only see one connection between the two incidents, the food. You gotta stop eating in your car. :D

• Like 3

Is it turning over or completely dead?

Is it turning over or completely dead?

It turns over, not completely dead.

What car is it and has it got an immobiliser?

Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25. Yep.

What kind of food and how was it cooked?

Good question. Saturday was fish and chips. Yesterday was just a simple meal deal from Tesco.

You might might need to check either your fuses and all your wirings around where the battery is located.

Can't see any other reason for the issue.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Does it sound normal when it turns over? Doesn't sound like it's turning over faster than normal?

Basically, it's one of three things:

1. fuel - are you getting fuel to the injection unit?

2. ignition - these probably have individual coil packs for each cylinder and are liable to play up. Do you have a spark at each cylinder?

3. compression - possibly timing belt problem, when was it last changed?

If you can't answer all of these questions, take it to a garage! 

If the battery seems fine then I would think it is the immobiliser. Do you know anyone with a diagnostic kit?

I don't, no. What would the issue be with the immobiliser, specifically? Like I thought that was just on the key to lock/unlock the car? Forgive me for sounding dumb!

how old is your battery?

i know halfords couldnt find a problem with it but i often find the best solution is to throw money at my problems.

lol. I don't actually know how old the battery is. Since we've had the car in 2010, I'm pretty sure it's not needed to be changed.

You might might need to check either your fuses and all your wirings around where the battery is located.

Can't see any other reason for the issue.

May do that, thanks.

Does it sound normal when it turns over? Doesn't sound like it's turning over faster than normal?

Basically, it's one of three things:

1. fuel - are you getting fuel to the injection unit?

2. ignition - these probably have individual coil packs for each cylinder and are liable to play up. Do you have a spark at each cylinder?

3. compression - possibly timing belt problem, when was it last changed?

If you can't answer all of these questions, take it to a garage! 

Yeah sounds normal when it does actually start. It doesn't shudder or struggle when it starts up successfully.

1 - I presume so? 

No idea about 2 or 3. 

I'm taking it in to the garage next Saturday so hoping there's no major issues til then. 

Thanks for all the responses :thumbup:

I don't, no. What would the issue be with the immobiliser, specifically? Like I thought that was just on the key to lock/unlock the car? Forgive me for sounding dumb!

lol. I don't actually know how old the battery is. Since we've had the car in 2010, I'm pretty sure it's not needed to be changed.

May do that, thanks.

Yeah sounds normal when it does actually start. It doesn't shudder or struggle when it starts up successfully.

1 - I presume so? 

No idea about 2 or 3. 

I'm taking it in to the garage next Saturday so hoping there's no major issues til then. 

Thanks for all the responses :thumbup:

If it does start (I may have missed where you said that), you can rule out number 3

It'll be an electrical problem of some sort, no doubt. Probably crank position sensor or something similar

The immobiliser works off a signal from a transponder chip in the ignition key. There is an aerial in the barrel/column of the ignition switch which picks up the signal and turns of the immobiliser. This interface could be the problem. One temporary way of remedying this without replacing it is to simply remove the key and put it in it the other way around. Sounds ridiculous, but try it.

On Android phones, how do you stop it attempting to connect to 'open' wi-fi that it can't actually connect to because it needs a password or whatever, but it interrupts what you were just doing via 4G and means you have to either get out of range or turn your wi-fi off.   I still want it to automatically connect to the wi-fi networks it actually knows.

It's literally the only thing on Android that I've never been able to figure out, and though I'm surely not the only one that has this, the internet isn't a lot of help